Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 661 Sub Gear protection suit replacement
  • legendof1973
    Free Member

I currently use a 661 sub gear long sleeved protection for all mountain / enduro riding but it seems that 661 no longer make them and my one is near the end of it’s life. Does anyone have any recommendations for a similar style protection but not a full on DH body armour?

I’d prefer to have elbow, shoulder and chest protection on a base type layer, as comes with the 661 sub gear long sleeved, albeit I know it’s minimal but any little amount of protection helps.

Thanks

sofaboy73
    Free Member

I’ve been searching for something similar myself, although short sleeved. Closest I’ve found so far was a race face flank core. D30 shoulder pads and spine protector, all of which are removeable so you don’t have to have the spine protector in if you don’t want it. Bit spendy though and don’t fit me properly (pads didn’t locate properly on my shoulders) and a tiny bit bulkier than the sub gear padding.

honourablegeorge

Scott Recruit is similar but with a zip so you can remove it without a Lethal Weapon style shoulder dislocation. Has a big removable d30 back piece too

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    shifter
    Free Member

That describes the removal of Subgear perfectly

Rubber_Buccaneer

race face flank core

Got one of those, quite good I think as I like D3O and when I bought it the price was right but

Lethal Weapon style shoulder dislocation

raised a smile, spot on 🙂

but it’s not what the OP is after as it only offers shoulder and back protection

legendof1973
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Strange that no-one does similar any more. Might just have to get elbow pads and go with what’s available.

jimdubleyou

Have a look a snowboarding kit –

https://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/S/Body_Armour__Supports/Torso/Back_Protection(306).aspx

I have just got the Forcefield Impact Shorts which have removeable pads – assume you’d be able to get their tops and do the same.

legendof1973
    Free Member

Cheers, will have a look.

honourablegeorge

Recruit has shoulder back and elbow… no chest though

honourablegeorge

Some Bliss stuff on sport pursuit too

nickdavies

The poc spine is about the best I think but it’s spendy! Chest, elbows, shoulders and spine protection with a DH version of you want a few extra features.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘661 Sub Gear protection suit replacement’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts