Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 661 Storm Gloves – Are these the new version?
  • Houns

Had a pair of 661 storms, sadly lost one of them. They are the best winter gloves I've owned but they don't do them any more, are these the new version of them?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=30840

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Look good.

Lined with windproof fleece which sound like a better design than the padded liner which made the Storms a PITA to get on with cold or wet hands.

Maybe don't have the "waterproof" membrane though.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Storms were Hipora lined – these Transitions make no claims to be waterproof, but do seem like a good warm glove without too much bulk.
    There isn't a waterproof glove in 661 range for 2010…as far as i can see!

mieszko
    Free Member

They are only wind resistant, so might be a difference from being windproof. I've got a pair of Storm Plus which is a bit bulkier than regular Storms but my hands were warm on my commute even when it was -9 to -11 and dry on some heavy downpours.

I would imagine that this might be the Storm`s alternative: 661 Spring

solar
    Free Member

The regular storms aren't waterproof either though. Well mine certainly aren't. Plus they are bloody cold in these temps too.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

You're not kidding!
    Went out yesterday and my middle fingers were so cold they are still buzzing and sore now! The Storms (yellow & black versions) are OK-ish when dry but as soon as they get wet they freeze my bloody fingers off 🙁

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘661 Storm Gloves – Are these the new version?’ is closed to new replies.