Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 661 Recon helmet replacement pads
  • mrbotticelli

I picked up a 661 Recon helmet in June when On One had them on offer, it’s a good helmet but the pads have never stayed stuck in position, the small Velcro pads keep coming unstuck from the actual helmet.

The inevitable has now happened and one of the pads has gone missing, I think mid ride. 661 have told me I can spend £20 on a new set which is half the price I paid for the helmet. And they are on back order at the moment which might be why no one has any online.

Has anyone ever made their own pads,or know of an alternative to the official pads?

As much as I like the 661, I think I’ll be buying Giro next time round, pads never came unstuck in 8 years and when the pads needed replacing they didn’t cost a fortune.

rene59
    Free Member

Recon pads are terrible, they don’t last long and replacements are difficult to get hold of, they sometimes turn up on ebay for £10.

I got fed up with mine falling off so tried to diy with a thin piece of foam sleeping mat and hot glue gun. Never felt right so binned helmet and went back to Giro.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Same as above really, I gave up on mine due to the pads disintegrating.

Since then I crashed badly in my replacement lid cracking it. Pads were pinched from the cracked lid and bodged back into the 661 with a few bits of extra sticky backed velcro.

Not perfect but works well enough, now has a light permanently attached to it for night rides to save switching mounts around.

Clobber
    Free Member

I think I got some from winstanleys (eventually)

mrbotticelli

Woohoo! Found the missing pad…

Have replaced the Velcro sticky pads with some new ones but not confident they will stay put.

DIY solutions will have to wait for another day.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘661 Recon helmet replacement pads’ is closed to new replies.