Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 661 Filters v Specialized BG trail 110
  • bluebird
    Free Member

I need some new shoes as my current pair (Specialized Trail 120) are well and truly done in. The question is: do I just get the current version – Specialized 110 Trail or go for the (slightly) cheaper trainer style of 661 Filters. I ride a very mixed bag – XC, trail centers, Alps, and a bit of DH and alway use crank Bros Mallets.

Opinions from people who have either would be great – good points/bad points. And the all important how do they fit, do I need to order a size bigger than normal shoes (I’m a 9 but take a 10 in Specialized shoes).

Thanks

rich-6
    Free Member

I got a set of 661 filters to replace a worn out set of taki’s and found them to be very narrow and were on the small size too so i’d go the next size up in them or if youve broad feet stay away!

I chose Specialized BG Comps from last year and they fit like a glove in my proper show size too, Spesh stuff tends to be pretty much cock on IME

catnash
    Free Member

Same here, when it came time to replace my 110’s after a lot of use years, bought AM50’s, never wore the AM50’s the 110’s were so good bought another set. Now have a very old pair that won’t die and the new pair, so if 1 never dries off overnight the other’s ready to go.

bluebird
    Free Member

Thanks for info.

Anyone know if there is much difference between 08 and 09 BG 110 Trails?

I’ve found a pair in the right size on sale, but if this years are much better then it might be worth paying full tilt.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘661 Filters v Specialized BG trail 110’ is closed to new replies.