Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 650b wheels with a 26" Lyrik fork – will this end badly?
  • Sanny
    Free Member

I’m musing over the possibility of getting a 650b frame and was wondering if anyone has any experience of running a 26″ fork with 650b wheels? From a trawl of t’interweb, folk seem to have done it with a fair degree of success but I was wondering if anyone on here has done it and lived to tell the tale. Those who haven’t lived to tell the tale need not reply 😀

Cheers

Sanny

ndthornton
    Free Member

perhaps – if you dont fit a tyre
    Any potential advantage may be lost with this set up though

seriously surely not?? Even if it fits wont it hit the crown when fuly compressed – remember wheels and tyres flex on hard landings

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Will new teeth work out more expensive than buying the new forks…?

wwaswas

If you fit a narrow tyre to the 650b rim so it’s the same diamater as a 26″ wheel with a large tyre you’ll be fine.

Mbnut
    Free Member

I run 650b wheels in an array of 26” forks… not lyriks though.

I run a large tyre and it fits my Fox 36’s and Bos Devilles with no problems.

A 2.3 tyre just about squeezes into a set of 2010 Rev Teams with 20mm thru.

650b does make a difference though it is not as marked as going to 29 but as an experiment i am very happy with the results… biggest downside when run in 26” frame is the raising of the BB.

If running a 650b frame and 26” forks then you will need to consider the a to c fork measurement and any difference will affect claimed geo…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘650b wheels with a 26" Lyrik fork – will this end badly?’ is closed to new replies.