Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 650B Wheels in a 26er
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

Have a 2013 Transition Bandit and was curious if the frame and fork will take 650B wheels anyone tried this?

Mackem

There’s a website with a list of compatible fraemes.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    uwe-r
    Free Member

You just need to check the current clearance and factor in a 650b is somewhere in the region of 15/20mm bigger. You will of course be assuming a similar profile tyre is being used and the wide point of the tyre is moving out so the clearance needs to go all round it.

My fox forks would appear to have at least 20mm of clearance all round and I have read that 26” fox forks take 650b no probs. My frame (a rocky mountain) is more like 15mm of clearance at points so it would be very tight at best.

bigblackshed

Why????

Not trolling. Just curious. Won’t it raise the BB and therefore affect the ride?

Northwind

I overheard a chap in glentress cafe who was planning to fit 650b wheels and skinny tyres, and therefore get all the performance advantages of the bigger wheel, without actually having bigger wheels. And when I say “performance”, I mean “bullshit” obviously 😉

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

lol

Mackem

650b wheels with narrow tyres is an interesting idea. Dont know if it’s a good one, but interesting all the same.

njee20
    Free Member

Does work in Fox forks, ends up pretty tight though.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Running rockshox revs ti 150’s need to do a bit of measuring.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

I overheard a chap in glentress cafe who was planning to fit 650b wheels and skinny tyres

Why not go the whole hog and fit 700c wheels with cyclo-cross tyres? They’d have a similar rolling diameter to a fat 26 inch tyre. Instant heavy duty hybrid!

mangatank
    Free Member

And when I say “performance”

First good laugh of today there 😆

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘650B Wheels in a 26er’ is closed to new replies.