Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 650b wheel rims?
  • ken_shields
    Free Member

Anybody put a pair of these on a 26" bike and did you have any clearance issues?

Cheers

Ken

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

Have a look over on MTBR as there's a comprehensive list of frame which people have tried. Would love to try it but can't afford to buy a new set of wheels!

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

Although the 650B movement (excuse the pun) is mainly stateside, in the UK we are blessed with a slew of 'compatible' frames.

How so? – Well the main requirement for fitting 650B into a 26" frame is clearance .. as long as your frame has clearance for 2.5" 26" wheels you should be able to (comfortably) fit 2.0-2.35 650B wheels/tyres. And the UK – being the mud-pit that it is has spawned a generation of mud-friendly (thus 650B friendly) bikes.

The new pipedream sirius r853 is a good un' for 650B wheels … as is the Orange p7, The Cotic Bfe, The Surly 1×1 .. and lots more waiting to be brought to light.

Dave

thomthumb
    Free Member

i can get a 2.5 minion in a 456 with loads of clearance…..

i will not buy some funny wheels!!

ken_shields
    Free Member

I seem to be able to only find Stans 355's in a 650b size

Anybody know of any others for mtb's?

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

Have a look at Dinosaur Bikes – not sure what they have in stock though. They also do 650b tyres as well.

sheldona
    Free Member

^ Wot thats not my name said, dinasour bikes are the best place for all your 650B needs in the UK! I've got a couple of sets of 650B wheels, where abouts are you? If close enough you're welcome to try them out. FWIW none of my 26er frames will take the 650B wheel.

ken_shields
    Free Member

Ayatollahofniche

I'm in Milton Keynes

sheldona
    Free Member

bit to far then as I'm near Evesham. I'll have the 650B at Bristol and Mayhem if you're there? Can even bring my spare wheels if you want to try a ride.

ken_shields
    Free Member

Just checked on Google maps and it's about 1hr 40mins away.

Could possibly do Sunday AM if you're about?

sheldona
    Free Member

I am but the set with regualr QR are down in Bristol being tried out by a mate. The set I have on the bike at the moment have a Maverick 24mm on the front. Would be a long way to come not to try a pair out. What frame are you trying to fit them into?

ken_shields
    Free Member

Curtis Freeride so lots of clearance and fitted with Marz Z1SL forks so just being able to put into the frame would be ok as the forks are 20mm thro axle

Looking at the Velocity p35 rim on Dinosaur

sheldona
    Free Member

Ok got the blunts here and the P35 s are in Bristol. Drop me an email(in profile) and we'll sort something out.

ken_shields
    Free Member

A big thanks to the Ayatollah for the try out of his wheels today…….the rear 650b fits in my frame. Just got to check them in the forks when they arrive

He's a good egg 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘650b wheel rims?’ is closed to new replies.