Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 650b wheel in a 26inch lyrik?
  • crapjumper
    Free Member

Is it possible to run a 650b wheel in a 2011 rockshox lyrik coil u-turn 26″ fork ? Alternatively can I change the lowers to 650b lowers ? Probably a stupid question

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve put plenty of 650b wheels in 26″ rockshox forks and mainly have got away with it. Fox normally have slightly more clearance but my guess is you’d be fine.

crapjumper
    Free Member

Thanks mate

The issue you’ll have to look for – even if the wheel fits, is making sure the tyre doesn’t hit the crown under full compression.

RS forks have quite a low arch though, compared to Fox don’t they, so it might be tight

blisterman1962
    Free Member

Youre in luck – I’m a bit bored….. below are photos of my Easton Arc 27 fitted with a Minion DHF 2.3 in a 2010 Lyrik. As you can see, really not very much clearance.

crapjumper
    Free Member

**** me , that’s tight !

blisterman1962
    Free Member

Pictured from the rear in better light. I hasten to add, I’m not actually running this – I’ve taken the photos to show you with my current wheel in my old fork. 🙂

Wouldn’t fancy riding that in mud

blisterman1962
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member
    The issue you’ll have to look for – even if the wheel fits, is making sure the tyre doesn’t hit the crown under full compression.

How can it hit the crown?

Edit – youre right about mud.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Mud and debris clearance would be my concern. Also geometry may be a bit messed up. I’m assuming it’s a 26 frame.

I’ve considered it with mine, but frankly I’m going to get zero benefit with 650b wheels in it, or on any bike. I’m looking at keeping my old Nomad going now and 26 wheels still, but I may upgrade the Lyriks with the Charger damper upgrade.

I’m only going to go 650b at some point because the industry has made me do so, as it’s all going that way now. 650b+ on the other hand… now that’s something I’m tempted with 😉

chickenman

Measure tyre to crown distance and compare it to the exposed stanchion; needs to be more of course! If the tyre does hit the crown you will go OTB pretty violently.

blisterman1962
    Free Member

Fair point actually. I didn’t realise their tolerances were so tight – I also didn’t really envisage the forks being taken to absolute full compression.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘650b wheel in a 26inch lyrik?’ is closed to new replies.