Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 650B suspension forks
  • drbob65
    Free Member

Anyone know where I can get 650B suspension forks in the UK? Looking for 100mm light weight XC style fork, tried TF Tuned, but they were completely disinterested in helping, otherwise I’m going to have to try the States. Thanks

IvanDobski
    Free Member

X-fusion via upgrade?

A lot of the X-fusion forks can be internally adjusted to be 650b compatible. Never looked at the more xc orientated forks though.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

tweeks
    chainreaction
    evans cycles

LoCo
    Free Member

Rockshox (Fishers) arn’t listing SID or Reba in 27.5 spec for 2013. Not sure who else is making anything in this spec for 2013, should be quite a few in 2014 model ranges soon.
    We can supply anything rockshox, X fusion, Marzocchi if they are available.

andytherocketeer

Not exactly UK, but some of the main German online stores have them (eg bike24.com and http://www.bike-components.de ). Not sure how prices compare to US, but at least you get EU warranty etc.

Cheezpleez

I’m confused. What internal adjustment is necessary for the X-Fusion forks?

Surely it’s the distance between the dropouts and the bridge that determines whether a fork works for 26in or 650B.

CheesybeanZ

650b with a racing ralph on fit’s into a set of fox 26″ forks with okay clearance .

Cheezpleez

Rockshox are a lot tighter, I think. I wouldn’t get a 650B in my old (2007?) 26in Rev, for example.

rondo101
    Free Member

I’m confused. What internal adjustment is necessary for the X-Fusion forks?

I think it’s to stop the crown going lower than the brace between the lowers at full travel. That’s the only explanation I could come up with anyhoo:

http://www.xfusionshox.com/images/pdf/Velvet650B_convertLR.pdf

drbob65
    Free Member

I have a pair of X-Fusion which have been adjusted (to stop the crown touching the tyre), was hoping to get something 650b specific. It does look like I’ll have to try Germany or the US to get what I want. Fisher wanted to charge me £270 to adjust a pair of forks from taperd to standard steerer, WTF!!! I can fly to the US and buy a pair for what I save on the price difference!

mtbmatt
    Free Member

650b with a racing ralph on fit’s into a set of fox 26″ forks with okay clearance .

Only a Fox or X-Fusion fork. (x-fusion are officially 650b compatible)
    Rock Shox, Magura and other will not work regardless of tyres.

And also, depends what you consider “OK clearance”. If buzzing the crown onto the tyre with full fork travel is OK, then yes you can do it. I’ve done it and it does work, but its certainly not something Fox or anyone else would advocate.

schmiken

I run Fox forks (as does gee of this parish) with 650b wheels with no problems. I’ve never managed to max out the travel on them in order to cause tyre buzzing so I don’t worry about it.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

My LBS tells me he can only get the Fox 34 from the distributor at the moment; the price made me fall off my seat. I just ordered a Rev RCT3 150mm from bike24.com.

27.5 bikes are rare like rocking horse poo.

heihei

Rule of thumb is that Fox forks work, RS don’t. Loads of info over on MTBR forums for the finer detail though. Most cost-effective route therefore is to go out and buy a pair of 2nd-hand Fox forks of your chosen travel.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘650B suspension forks’ is closed to new replies.