Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 650b Pike clearance with 2.5 WT Maxxis tyres
  • shredder
    Free Member

Anybody running WT Maxxis tyres with std 650b Pike’s. Curious on the clearance I understand it to fit with not a lot to spare.

After some real world feedback if possible.

Rims are 30mm internal.

Thanks

benpinnick

Thats what I run mostly. Safe to say it works, and I can get a muddhugger in there, but its limited room for sure – left/right clearance is fine but its the space uner the arch thats tight.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

fine on my lyriks – 2.5 WT shorty with a marsh guard on too

cant imagine why it would be any different on a pike

shredder
    Free Member

Thanks for the info, im not 100% but I think the Lyrik has more room under the arch. Currently have a marsh guard on mine which I would like to retain.

ehrob

27mm internal rims here, a mudguard would be a bit tight but fine without.

sweaman2
    Free Member

Running 2.5 DHF WT on Ibis wide (742) rims on a “normal” (i.e non-boost) Pike. It’s tight but not paper thin. More room than the on the rear of a HD3 😆 (which isn’t much help I know unless you’re on a HD3) so the back clogs up before the front for me.

benpinnick

The Lyrik is a squarer hole but not taller – so more room left/right.

tweedviper
    Free Member

I have been running a Schwalbe Rocket Ron 2.8 on my 27.5 Pikes and there is just enough room for the RRP velcro straps, handles Fantastically in the dry but have now switched to Magic Mary for the winter

Onzadog
    Free Member

30mm internal rim here and with a conti 2.4 trail king, there was just enough room for a mud hugger, but no mud. Ended up cutting the hugger to fit around the arch.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘650b Pike clearance with 2.5 WT Maxxis tyres’ is closed to new replies.