Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • 650B+ framesets?
  • cheeezzy24
    Free Member

Whats out there? I like the new Ramin,anyone know if if will be available as a frameset?

mccraque

There’s loads out there! I’m riding a Cotic Solaris in B+ flavour. But the last few months seem to have brought us olenty of options. Am very happy with mine. Was an experiment… And have been very impressed with the grip and capability.

Am also loving the look of the new Liteville and the Last Fastforward….

rOcKeTdOg

Trek stache
    Sonder transmitter
    Ragley BigWig
    SC Hightower
    Mondraker crafty+

scotroutes

Or get in touch with Brant at Pact and get something custom in Ti.

chestrockwell

New Orange Segment is. I’d imagine their other 29ers will follow.

rOcKeTdOg

New Orange Segment is.

is it?

chestrockwell

Yes. 148mm rear to accommodate 650b+.

akira

Boost rear end doesn’t mean it’ll fit 3″ tyres, generous tyre clearance is what orange say so might fit some plus combinations but probably not all.

ssboggy

Or get in touch with Brant at Pact and get something custom in Ti.

Or there’s the Sonder Broken Road

epicyclo

You can include the Surly 1×1 in that. It will take up to 29er wheels.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Pole Evolink 130 is 650b+/29.

jimplops

Codiene 29 will go.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Genesis Tarn is available as frame only. Think with rigid forks.

scotroutes

This thread shows up the one major failing of B+ – there’s no agreed definition of where Plus width starts.

chestrockwell

Boost rear end doesn’t mean it’ll fit 3″ tyres, generous tyre clearance is what orange say so might fit some plus combinations but probably not all.

So exactly the same as most normal frames then? They put a boost rear end on it to accommodate 650b+ so I’d assume it will be fine for most 650b+ applications.

I have normal bikes that can’t fit bigger than 2.1 and have had other modern frames that were on the limit at 2.2.

scotroutes

Boost is appearing on non-Plus frames too as it’s also about wheel stiffness.

Rorschach
    Free Member

They put a boost rear end on it to accommodate 650b+

Err… We added 6mm to the width of the pivot along with 148mm Boost rear hub spacing to provide even more lateral stiffness than the 1st generation model.

Northwind

Boost isn’t a good indicator tbh, there’s 29ers with standard rears that’ll do 3.0 and boost rears that won’t comfortably do 2.8.

Does it have to be frame only? Orbea Loki is looking pretty nifty.

Still think WTB (since they do rims and tyres) should make a printable template of, say, a scraper with all their plus tyres on it. Print it on a3, stick it to a bit of cardboard, fire it into your bike, done. Wouldn’t be the be-all since I’m assuming WTB’s plus size tyres are as randomly sized as all their other tyres but it’d be a huge, er, Plus. Actually, forget about printable- get some made up in plastic and send them out to all their LBSs. It’d be bound to make sales from the curious.

Orange are claiming stiffness but call me skeptical, the swingarm design is inherently flexy and their OE wheels are usually pretty low quality… if they really wanted to make things stiffer they could have done it years ago without changing a part, but it didn’t make for good advertising copy. And I reckon the other bits will probably still be just as bendy.

rOcKeTdOg

Orbea loki is a cracking bike, I was shocked how reasonable the lower spec bike was

singlespeedstu

In true STW fashion I’ll recommend what I’ve got. 😆
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/GBzFjY]Snowy Bike.[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/BJUYPK]IMG_20151218_104558040_HDR[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

The Loki does look good though. I had one on order for quite a while but the delivery date kept getting pushed back so I canceled.

dirtyrider
    Free Member
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘650B+ framesets?’ is closed to new replies.