Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 650b frames with 29r forks
  • jonnyrockymountain

Thinking about changing hardtail to 650b frame which are ideal for 120mm travel forks, but there isn’t that good choice out there of 650b forks at 120mm travel, so was thinking using 100mm travel 29r forks, what are your thoughts/anyone doing this?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

100mm 650b forks and angle set?
    130mm 650b forks and travel spacers?

everyone
    Free Member

You can get loops in a 120mm flavour. Can get them in a straight steerer as well if that takes your fancy.

schmiken

Use Fox forks in a 120 flavour, that’s what I do.

jonnyrockymountain

Not a fox fan? Plus they are silly expensive

ratherbeintobago

X-fusion Sweep ?

schmiken

Secondhand?

jonnyrockymountain

anyone else?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Let me google that for you
    Revelation

Reba

Rebas come in a 120mm version, and revelations can be spaced down internaly in about 10 minutes.

I’d not run 29er forks, seems a silly waste of money and the trail/offset will be all messed up.

slackalice
    Free Member

AFIAK, 2013 onwards Revs do take a short amount of time to reduce travel, by means of replacing the air spring assembly. Not sure what they cost, but much more than the small plastic spacers of previous generation’s.

Loco to the thread?

mrhoppy

The x-fusion velvets, slants and sweeps in rl2 flavour can all be run at 120 and take 650b wheels. I’ve got a set of Velvets going spare at the moment, if you aren’t able to reset your DLA ones.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

In that case I take it back. There’s still plenty of 120-130mm options though. And you can still run a lot of 26″ forks that were good with big tyres with slightly less big ones.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘650b frames with 29r forks’ is closed to new replies.