Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • 650B… £3k… 150-160mm….. and 0% Finance – You Choose (well recommend)?
  • Gee76
    Free Member

Evening all, I have a mate who is looking for a new stead, he mainly rides around the peaks and currently rides an orange 5 but is looking for something new.

Not sure he’s keen on a self-build so full bike required. Think he’d prefer to test ride too as far as is possible. So far an Intense Carbine 275, Bronson Carbon or Mondraker Foxy XR. The Foxy is in the lead at the mo for its better kit for the money and test ride is planned for next week.

But…. has he missed something?, is there some more leftfield options or something new and exciting in the pipleine?. What are you drooling over right now….

teethgrinder

This???

Banshee Spitfire

Gee76
    Free Member

Good shout, that’s the sort of thing, 0% finance too and a bit of legend as well. Presume the 650b version does justice to the reputation?.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Bird Aeris

Nonsense
    Free Member

Kona Process 153?
    Giant Reign Advanced? (£3.3k but that does get you a carbon frame)
    Trek Slash?

Absolutely tons of great bikes around that would fit those requirements at the moment.

teethgrinder

I test rode the large in 650b from Gravitate. Had pretty much decided on the Spitfire, just the size I wanted to confirm. Wasn’t immediately noticeable that it was 650b, and I’m running mine 26″ in the 650b dropouts.

Gee76
    Free Member

Good stuff, I’m a 29er rider myself but I’m a ganglian 6ft 2″.

bikeneil
    Free Member

What’s a Stead? Isn’t that something on a bed?

Gee76
    Free Member

Er steed… trusty steed!!!

Aye there is so much choice out there, think that’s the problem. Spose he’s done well to get it down to three…. and without the STW massive too!!

wrecker
    Free Member

Get a 0% credit card, you can buy what you want (including sale bikes often not available with 0%)

Gee76
    Free Member

Aye I thought that too, loans are pretty cheap at the mo as well.

But yes it does open up options somewhat… Keep em coming. Any psa type bargains welcome?.

coogan
    Free Member

Steed is a horse. Christ I wish people would stop typing that gash about bikes.

Anyhow, I’d be taking a serious look see at these:

http://www.kustombikes.co.uk/bikes/transition_bikes/transition_patrol_3_complete_bike_2015

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

The Transition is a tank.

Giant Reign Advanced? Decent spec in comparison to other brands that aren’t direct to buy, although you lose a bit in spec vs say a nukeproof because of the carbon frame.

My alu reign I have coming is a much much better bike than my 2010 Mega was.

tomaso
    Free Member

Vitus Sommet
    Mondraker Dune
    YT Capra
    Canyon Strive race
    Giant Reign

mboy
    Free Member

Pretty hard to ignore the Whyte G-150 at that price point.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Commencal AM V4?
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/650b-feel-alittle-underwhelmed
    going cheap cheap soon 🙂

lawman91

I’d go for (and did go for) a Mondraker Foxy. Best bike I’ve ridden and owned by a mile.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Intense Carbine’s are very popular with the regulars from Nirvana Cycles in Surrey Hills who generally know their bikes

Nukeproof AM

I love my Transition Covert, the buyer may want to look at the Scout

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘650B… £3k… 150-160mm….. and 0% Finance – You Choose (well recommend)?’ is closed to new replies.