Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 650/27.5 hits the mainstream
  • Rorschach
    Free Member

http://www.bikerumor.com/2013/05/27/giant-quietly-releases-2014-mens-and-womens-650b-models/#more-60623
    As one of the ‘big 3’ Giant make the leap to the tweener size with main stream low to mid price range of hardtails.Will be interesting to see what is actually left in 26″ in the range for 2014.

Northwind

Just wait til 2018, once 650b is passe they’ll be back to flogging 26. Or more likely 25.5.

brooess
    Free Member

Just wait til 2018, once 650b is passe they’ll be back to flogging 26

I hope so – this wholesale changing of standards is daylight robbery…especially if manufacturers refuse to support the massive installed base of 26 bikes on an ongoing basis.

I want to put some lower rise bars on my hardtail, which is only 3 years old and it looks like I have to get a new stem as well, just because the industry’s decided to change its standards, and stop supporting the old ones, which riders were perfectly happy with…

roverpig

But on the plus side I’m looking at renovating a 20 year old rigid ATB and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it still is to get hold of 7 speed stuff and V brakes. Given that you can still buy a (decent new) 5 speed freewheel is 26″ stuff really going to become hard to find in my lifetime?

Can you really not get 25.4mm MTB bars any more ?

rOcKeTdOg

there’s a 22″ wheeled BMX in the classifieds

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘650/27.5 hits the mainstream’ is closed to new replies.