Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 65 psi?????????
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Been running conti rubber queen 2.2 ust for a few weeks now, very impressed with them. Been running them at about 25-30 psi.

Just looked at the box, and it says recommended pressure, 65 psi.

This sounds insane, will this actually make them run better?

Does anyone else run their tyres at such a high pressure? And what do other manufacturers recommend for their tyres? Are conti just being stupid?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Are conti just being stupid?

Its not a recommended max pressure is it?

But otherwise I wouldn't be surprised if conti were being stoopid …

coopersport1
    Free Member

Had a look on website and Most contis seem to reccomend 50psi+ for some reason, I've never run my UST MKs that hard and had no probs and can't see the benefit of doing so either. I also run Race Kings non UST on Stans ZTR rims again rims have a limit lower than Conti reccomended pressure! So I run then all at 30-35psi

tinsy
    Free Member

Pretty sure that will be a max pressure….

Been dabbling a bit with lower pressures recently, and though there is truth in the Shwalbe finidngs (have you seen that study?), I think there is a cut off, at least for me there is, and too low is detremental to the rolling resitance.

I tried 25-30 and felt it too low for me and where I ride but have dropped to the 30-35 from the 40-45 I used to run.

RealMan
    Free Member

Its not a recommended max pressure is it?

Pretty sure that will be a max pressure….

Thats what I thought at first, but the word max doesnt come up at all. It says this, letter by letter..

empf. Luftdruck/rec. Pressure/rec. gonflage 3,5 bar/65psi

DickBarton

According to this – max pressure is 58psi with a recommended pressure of 45…

glenp
    Free Member

Conti pressure range is daft. Can't remember exactly, but my MK Supersonics are supposed to have between 45 and 65 – in other words enough pressure to make them not work!

I just go with 25-30 ish.

As for going low and it feeling draggy – most of that is just the feeling, rather than actual drag, I'm fairly convinced. Once you get used to life below 30psi you just enjoy the grip and forget the squishy sensation.

mcboo
    Free Member

My Mavic rims say recommended 50psi. I've decided for me fairly large tyres (2.25 Schwalbe) at 30-35 is grippyesy on roots, rocks and corners and therefore fastest.

RealMan
    Free Member

According to this – max pressure is 58psi with a recommended pressure of 45…

I have to say, for a german company, continental are absolutely useless. They seem to disagree with themselves constantly. Dont even get me started on their so called "2.2" mountain kings..

But I do like their rubber queens… A lot…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘65 psi?????????’ is closed to new replies.