Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • 60mph Bike
  • ghostlymachine
    Free Member

So more like not fit for purpose than “out of balance” 😉

mountainman

Wicked thread can just imagine look on Garda faces over here when that whizzes past em.

Totally good fun hats off to you .

philjunior
    Free Member

I’ve hit 57mph down a hill once (with panniers so probably similar weight distribution to you) – I did have fairly wide slicks and suspension forks on which may have helped. I didn’t experience any wobbles, but didn’t have reflectors fitted – I can imagine they might not help based on the wobble I get from one of my bikes on the stand.

I wussed out of going for the big 60 due to a slight bend, not great road surface and a car coming the other way. Bikes should be OK up to about 60-70, you can hit that with a suitable hill. Is the wobble going away above 40mph or getting worse?

mrchrispy

<hat>

epicyclo

You could hide these motors and the fuel supply in panniers. Then there would be no obvious signs of assistance. 🙂

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

two panniers, two jets, coincidence.

I think not.

nuke

Superb, absolutely superb. The noise is just awesome 😀

franksinatra

paint the whole thing red, everyone knows red is faster.

jetbike
    Free Member

Philjunior: im not sure if the wobble is going away above 40mph or getting worse. it was about the same till 45mph. but this could have been me that was causing it as it was bl**dy cold and i might have been me shivering.

Im not sure what the max speed of this bike is, its a cheap bike after all. im not looking to brake any speed records but would like to know how fast it could go. I have access to a runway so might find out one day.

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘60mph Bike’ is closed to new replies.