Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • £600 road bike ?
  • r17anm
    Free Member

Hi ive got a max budget of £600 to spend on a road bike (drop bar) i know very little about road bikes but have been googling a few and it seems btwin are good value but i do like genesis bikes like maybe the new volant
    Any advice much appreciated
    Thanks

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

seems btwin are good value

They are astonishing value. The £500 one is superb, carbon fork and seat stays etc. That’s what I’d get for your budget. 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    SimonR

I’ve got one for sale (a Wilier) – struggling to sort a link from my phone but if you check my profile you should be able to find the ad fairly easily.
    I’ve now dropped the price to £450.
    Cheers,
    Simon.

r17anm
    Free Member

Thanks got a few options to look at there that bianchi looks good not sure on sizing though im 5 11

stufive
    Free Member

Im 5/7 and i have two road bikes both 54cm frames i guess your going to be looking at 56cm but it would be a good idea to vist your lbs and try a few

soma_rich
    Free Member

love my btwin triban5 you can’t beat the spec for the money!

SimonR
    MrSalmon
    Free Member
    franciscobegbie
    Free Member

Looked at Merlin?

bluebird
    Free Member

2012 Giant Defy 3?

Link

frogstomp
    stevewhyte
    Free Member

If you want new then get yourself to halfords and join British cycling and get 10% off. You might even find another discount code and get even more off. If you could stretch slightly the team was £900 and could be bought for under £800 with the codes. Pretty much all the bike you ever need, even if you are racing.

Very good build quality and the frames are one of the best made out there. I don’t own one but will probably pick one up next year for my winter bike. Get them for under £500 second hand.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Cannondale Caad8 2300 or Synapse 2300

Both very nice frames

anagallis_arvensis

Giant Defy

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I got a C’dale CAAD8 Sora for about £550 in the sales last year. Feels like a great bike to me. At the time I was considering a Specialized Allez and a Cube Peleton – all around the same price and similar spec’s. All are roughly the same so there is alot of good entry level bikes to choose from at that price point.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘£600 road bike ?’ is closed to new replies.