Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • £600 – £800 MTB
  • goldengus
    Free Member

Looking to get a MTB for £600 – £800.

Would be used for local trails, woods etc, nothing to severe DH wise.

After your opinions on what to go for…..

Any ideas would be great!

Cheers

mk1fan
    Free Member

New or used?

Decatholon have a FS Rockrider for £699 that the testers at WMB were very impressed with.

HT wise, Boardman seem to be a solid bet although an On One Inbred X5 at £799 is also a great bike.

nickswolves
    Free Member

Theres a fair few options within that budget and also a reasonable difference in specs too.

Do you want a hardtail or full suss? If its the latter you won’t find a great deal within that budget other than the Decathlon one mentioned above.

If its a hardtail, Boardman are hard to beat on a local level or could look at options from Germany such as Canyon or Radon.

matt_outandabout

Second hand off here, with care, is by far the best way to a really good bike for that money.

goldengus
    Free Member

Nice one for the posts – plenty to ponder. will do some research and no doubt be back with more questions!

Cheers

HermanShake
    Free Member

Check out my Dialled PA: CLICKY.

£600 posted with the wider bars or under budget with the WCS risers.

If it’s not what you’re after, it’s along the lines of what I’d recommend. Steel hardtail, adjustable long travel bolt thru fork, short stem and wide bars.

z1ppy

The Halford’s Carrera and Voodoo bike ranges shouldn’t be underestimated.

1-shed
    Free Member

I’ve got a Cove Handjob for sale, check via forum activity. I think it may suit your needs.

goldengus
    Free Member

Will defo checkout for sale forum…

Cheers

beaney
    Free Member

Hi there.
    I have a Marin Palisades Trail (medium 17″ frame), that i bought a month ago. See link – http://www.marin.co.uk/2012/bikepage.php?ModNo=12PT
    Only ridden a couple of times, all on bridleways so nothing too taxing. Still looks brand new, and not a mark on it.
    Just leaving my job so not going to have time to ride it anymore.
    Paid £800 and open to offers if you’re interested?
    Cheers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘£600 – £800 MTB’ is closed to new replies.