Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 60 road miles on an mtb what slick tyres
  • munkyboy
    Free Member

I need to cycle with some some roadies for sixty miles. My rims can only take 2.0 to 2.5. Anyone running any slick, semi slicks that work well but don’t cost too much (I only need to complete the sixty miles I don’t need to keep up with them, my concern is the 2.35 high roller st’s may kill me)

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Decathlon do slick commuter tyres at a reasonable price. Plenty of air in them and jobs a good’un.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Surely the could take a 1.5? I had some continentals from ribble cycles, £15 ea inc inner tube, brilliant they were

kristoff
    Free Member

Wouldn’t worry. I completed 50miles of a British heart foundation ride today on conti MK 2.2s. Another rider completed It on his lapierre (zesty I think) with rubber queens.

Just means you’ll have to pedal a bit harder.

chives
    Free Member

CRC were doing Schwalbe Marathons for £11.50 – I used City Jets for a 100k charity jaunt last summer.

Northwind

Maybe fire on some fast mtb thing, that way it’s more likely to be useful in future?

Bucko

Where are you based? Someone might be able to lend you something if its just for 1 ride otherwise I reckon Northwind has it, buy some fast rolling summer tyres like Specialized Fast Trak or Kenda SB8 for example.

ste_t
    Free Member

Iirc you can use any tyre wider than your rim. I’ve used that principle on both 26″ & 29″ with no problems.

epicyclo

Schwalbe Super Motos.

Read up about them before dismissing them. 🙂

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Another vote for Kenda Small Block 8.

shermer75
    Free Member

Schwalbe Kojak. Anything else is pointless

rotten
    Free Member

I use Panaracer Razers pumped up hard, great for any sneaky bits of singletrack on my commute home.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘60 road miles on an mtb what slick tyres’ is closed to new replies.