Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • 6 weeks off the bike minimum…..
  • passtherizla
    Free Member

Rolled ankle…. Done it so many times before I know all the signs.

Just really annoyed by the whole bloody thing.

🙁

dirtyrider
    Free Member

mtfu

grahamt1980

ankle support and carry on.
    The 661 ankle brace worked for me. Also keeping moving on the ankle makes the bruise really interesting

jim25

6 weeks!
    I broke my pelvis and had 7 months not even walking.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Get a PS3 and GTA 5 to keep you sane.

I now how you feel mate, it looks like I will have at least 3 months off bikes next year and 9 months or more off the MTB.

Whatever you do try not to eat loads while watching Jeremy Kyle. Get down the gym and work your upper body and legs on the machines. That shouldn’t have any affect on your ankle. Your cardio will suffer buy your strength should help with that when you’re back on the bike.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Yeah yeah… I do realise that this is totally self serving. mtfu and all that is actually helping. Can someone be really mean so this gets deleted?

Got uplifts paid for and no skating is the most annoying thing.

andyl
    Free Member

Well given the current weather you could have picked a worse time to do it.

Broke my wrist just into summer and not ridden a bike for the last 4 months 🙁

DarrenH

Ah, my sympathies fella,
    I’ve had a week off the bike looking after the kids over half term.
    It’s been great but I’d like to get a few miles in now!
    I second the gta 5 suggestion ^

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Had 4 months of from Feb to June after Fibula fracture. August had knee debridment so two weeks off bike. Back to 10/15 mile rides Untill December 21st then it’s meniscus repair and Microfracture for Osteochondritis dissecans. Articular cartilage separated from the bone I think it is. And apperantly it’s 6 weeks toe touch weight bearing and them horrible hinged knee braces for 12 weeks. Ah well oxycodone for Christmas 🙂

passtherizla
    Free Member

I really do feel like a right jessy-moaner… 6 weeks is only 6 weeks. Sorry to hear about everyone’s much worse injuries.

footflaps

I ripped my knee cartilage, no running, cycling or swimming for 9 months. Did go from nothing to a 95kg bench press though….

scruff
    Free Member

Did you do it skating? My right ankle is as weak as a wet kitten.

molgrips
    Free Member

Did go from nothing to a 95kg bench press though….

Wow.. you couldn’t benchpress anything at all? Not even a crisp packet? You must’ve been weak 🙂

footflaps

Wow.. you couldn’t benchpress anything at all? Not even a crisp packet? You must’ve been weak

OK, I’d never bench pressed before so was probably starting on something like 20kg….

longmover
    Free Member

I’m 4 weeks into 12 (minimum) off the bike at the moment with a separated shoulder, probably one of the most painful injuries I’ve had so far.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Jesus footflaps only benching 20kg?! Are your arms made of string?

passtherizla
    Free Member

Didn’t donit skating scruff… Did it bloody drinking… Or drunk either way if was a total non event, slipped off a kerb when moving to let someone past.

scruff
    Free Member

Last time I did mine was last summer, leaving my house on the way to the pub on a Thursday night. Rolled one footed to the garden gate, put foot down and ankle went. Flew to Alps on the Saturday, fully strapped and drugged up 😳

passtherizla
    Free Member

I have to let it get better properly as you know yourself years of skating leaves ankle Very fragile. It’s just waiting to go at any opportunity. I do all the exercises I’m supposed to but it’s not working like it used to.

footflaps

I do all the exercises I’m supposed to but it’s not working like it used to.

It’s called getting old. More and more stuff just stops working properly or at least how it used to….

Clover

AC joint rupture here… consultant said 2-3 month!!! I decided to ignore him and did 5 day mountain biking holiday in the pyranees after 3 weeks but have gone back to being ‘good’ for a bit more of the allotted – there’s only so far I will push my luck – how long can you go without crashing back on injured limb?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘6 weeks off the bike minimum…..’ is closed to new replies.