Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 6-speed on Hope Pro 2 SS hub?
  • thepleasantpheasant
    Free Member

Anyone running this setup?

I have a Pro 2 SS/T hub that I’d like to run a 1×6 drivetrain to make a more Alpine-friendly bike. SS is great, but gears would be nice for riding through Europe.

Can the Saint or Zee derailleur work with a 6-speed cassette?

If so, which chain and cassette would work best for this setup?

mick_r

I’ve run 7 speed from a 9 speed (machined down carrier) cassette very easily.

With 10 speed you just have to go easy on the machining – the sticky out cable arm on some Shimano 10 speed mechs gets pretty close to the spokes…..

munrobiker
    Free Member

I have one set up seven speed with a Zee mech and zee shifter. It’ll take the extra cog when set up with ten speed stuff.

oxym0r0n

Did it for a little while with part of a 10 speed cassette, while waiting for a new freewheel – when riding, as mentioned the arm on the slx mech rubbed on the spokes in the lowest gear, but could be machined down without changing performance

julianwilson
    Free Member

I split up a cheap cassette on mine and had a bigger jump somwhere in the middle but 13-30. It was fine. Iirc there is a good thread on mtbr about this, with people extolling the advantages of dishless wheels. If you already ride the hub you know how loud the freehub is!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘6-speed on Hope Pro 2 SS hub?’ is closed to new replies.