Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 950 total)
  • 6 nations thread, let the arguments commence
  • anagallis_arvensis

I only have 5!!!

Scamper
    Free Member

To be fair Powell has been playing well for Wasps, by all accounts.

Only seen him once close up at Gloucester and a) he’s a big chap and b) blasted through our hardly small backrow once or twice

duckman

A.A. I got a please take,which was nice! Stuart Barnes wrote a good piece in the Tmes talking about how much the Welsh pack needs a strong platform for them to compete.If the Welsh teams recent sicknotes can get into the swing of int rugby quickly it should be some game.I also like the English back row; atheletes at wing forward,who would have thought it?And Mongos distant cousin at no 8.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Off to buy some Brains at lunchtime, get them nicely chilled….

*Nervous*

monkey_boy
    Free Member

i am dreading tonight…. (welshman)

england are easily favourites, ‘if’ wales win it will be down to the wire and lots of luck.

the first lineout and/or scrum is going to decide the game.

the best thing is we have some young uns in the squad, some of the old guard have to go.

leave Powell alone, thick as a gate post but a heart of gold and he can turn cars over 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Scamper – Member

To be fair Powell has been playing well for Wasps, by all accounts.

I have seen a few games and he has been pretty good.

Scamper
    Free Member

Gutted the welsh Lions props are not playing

anagallis_arvensis

Despite all the dismay, Wales winning would be a suprise but not a huge shock they have a chance. Pack performed well against SA who destroyed England. Front rows are a mismatch but back 5 of pack are equalish as a unit. Backs not a lot in it overall. I reckon england should win but have some hope.

In other news Gatland is an idiot but this is pretty poor work too:

England full-back Ben Foden waded into the war of words when he thought the visitors should put their little brothers in their place.

“In a way, we have to think ‘we are England, we are the big country, we are going to put these guys in their place’,” Foden wrote in his Daily Mail column.

“It feels like we are the older brother and we have to make sure we beat our younger brother. we cannot let our younger brother get the better of us.”

duckman

The above is nothing new,as jeremy the Gusset proved very ably,everytime he opened his mouth.I am sure it is all mind games,he will have his hands full tonight

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Waitrose had sold out of Brains! 🙁

Good or bad omen?

duckman

Very good omen,have some beer instead.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oi! Cheeky little……

😉

anagallis_arvensis

As usual Gwladrugby says it best

If you’ve woken up today in a strangely chipper mood despite crying yourself to sleep last night and having horrific dreams about Dylan Hartley, you are not alone. Once again, the nation has been visited in the night by the Optimism Gnome, …squeezing through your catflap, climbing up your stairs, hoisting himself onto your bed and panting with excitement, whispering the Bill McLaren commentary to Gareth Edwards’ 1972 try against Scotland in your ear, and even laying out your lucky pants for the morning. The Optimism Gnome loves us, and we love him.

Some say he’s from a fairy land and passes between worlds via a bus shelter on the A48 outside Cowbridge. Some say that the Brynteg miners dug too deep and released the grateful little chap from a prison of anthracite in 1954. Some say he’s the love child of Father Christmas and Ruth Madoc. Some say the things he does to your cat on the way out can’t be helped. All we know is that the jingling bell on his hat on the eve of every international results in a nation waking up on match-day wanting to strip to its birthday suit, cover itself in woad and run into the street shouting “I’ll take you all on!”

Okay, maybe we haven’t won in ages – so we’re due a win. Fair enough, we’re missing two lions from the front row – but you can’t scrum on the millennium mud anyway. Good point that ‘give it Jamie Roberts’ is the only plan – but hey, some of us remember the 90s when we didn’t even have a plan.

So this is it, boys and girls – Six Nations time again. Time to hoist the flag, set phasers to ‘baritone’, slip on your best drinking trousers and leave nothing on the training paddock! Thank you, Optimism Gnome. You’re the best!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Time to hoist the flag, set phasers to ‘baritone’, slip on your best drinking trousers and leave nothing on the training paddock!

Iechyd da!

Altogether now….

And we were singing…..hymns and arias!….Land of my Fathers….AR HYD Y NOS!

allthepies
    Free Member

So, England to win by 20 points ?

Or more ?

😆

donsimon
    Free Member

Anyone know where I can watch on the computer? Rojadirecta has been had by the Feds!!

anagallis_arvensis

try some of these:
    http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=104312&part=sports

it should be on the beeb website but I presume you are abroad?

donsimon
    Free Member

Yup, abroad. Thanks for the link. I’ve also found http://www.rugbyzone.tk/.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

WTF is Inverdal waffling about?

I mean, really?

Sensationalist Nationalist guff that the game does not need. FFS, shut up.

Shut up and get on with the game!

tiggs121
    Free Member

England to win by 10 – 15 points I reckon.

bruneep

“Welsh commentary on the RED button, this doesn’t mean its biased” said the engerlish reporter.

FFS! 🙄

tiggs121
    Free Member

If Inverdale wasn’t enough we now have to suffer Eddie “I wish I was English” Butler!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Real passion from AWJ singing there.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Good start from Wales.

Stoner
    Free Member

hook by name…

donsimon
    Free Member

All the feeds have been pulled. 😥 😥 😥 😥

FTW! 😆

Back to the BBC and their updates… 😥

Stoner
    Free Member
    Stoner
    Free Member

🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Loblocks.

However, one day AShton will drop the ball when he does his showboat dive. That day I shall laugh heartily.

Now, however, a beer calls. 🙁

duckman

It was a bad omen 0-7.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Schoolboy defence!!

donsimon
    Free Member

Ya diamond Stoner. 😆
    Veemi and Veetle have been cut for copyright infringements.

And now that’s gone. 😥

I think it’s Spain that’s cutting the line. We’ve got a very over active group protecting the copyrights. As it’s a private organisation they’ve gone right over the top. They’ve got to get the money to buy this place.

Thieving baskets. 👿

allthepies
    Free Member

The points are FLOODing in….

Stoner
    Free Member

What’s spanish for prego?

Now, was hook paying attention on how to do it?

Stoner
    Free Member

donS Im guessing this will be IP protected, but it may work…
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/simulcast/

Stoner
    Free Member

Ah, they get Jones to teach Hook how to kick then 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

What’s spanish for prego?

De nada.

Stoner
    Free Member

gracias

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stoner – Member
    Ah, they get Jones to teach Hook how to kick then

Little Jonny W learnt from Jenks….

We know how to kick. Sometimes. 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

3 points and a yellow card! There’s lovely for you.

🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 950 total)

The topic ‘6 nations thread, let the arguments commence’ is closed to new replies.