Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • 6 Music
  • jontykint
    Free Member

I think Lauren’s show is one of the best on the radio.
    Tom Ravenscroft is also very good

oldnick

Between music from the way back when and (c)rap I’m changing channels more often these days, which is a real shame as some lesser heard tunes only ever get aired on there.
    +1 for Chris Hawkin’s, and Keaveney’s faux-depressed style suits me whilst I wake up.

frankconway

@maccruiskeen – good and timely reminder; thanks for that.
    Couple of weeks ago Cerys interviewed Joe Boyd – you know….producer, promoter – and he talked about his interest in….’ethnic’ music; in the studio there was an Albanian musician, part of a group being produced and promoted by Boyd.
    Thanks to that interview which included some music by Saz’iso – said muso is part of the group – I saw them tonight in Lincoln; south Albanian folk/gypsy music. Really excellent.
    They were on Later with Jools but I missed that.
    6music – and Jools – provide a platform for new/different music and if it wasn’t for hearing Saz’iso I would never have gone to see them.
    That, to me, is an added bonus of the Beeb’s attitude to music – they could do more and yes, I know, 6music was under threat; a good breadth of music with some very knowledgeable and expert presenters – if blues is your thing, Paul Jones is your man.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

They play too much city ghetto white kid rap shite for me. And Mary Ann Hobbs is the most annoying person on the radio for me. I consider her worse than Chris Moyles and the like.

My radio is mostly tuned in to absolute 90’s 🙂

sofaboy73
    Free Member

The mere fact that radio 6 is so devicive in the the opinions it creates about the music it plays and the dj’s it has is it’s whole point! It’s not meant to be radio 1 or 2 and coalesce opinion. Me – I love craig Charles, Radcliffe & Marconi, keaveny, Huey, iggy (musically not vocally)I can tolerate the Hobbs, but Peterson can generally do one and as much as I could listen to Cerys read the phone books to me, her particular brand of home knitted Peruvian nose flute falafels does not appeal – but that’s the point, lots of diversity against the homogeneous output of the other stations. Be thankful we have the choice

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Katie Puckrik is a very poor Huey Morgan substitute.

Oh, and this. She’s the only person I have to turn into ff. her bubblegum, singy songy inanity irritates me beyond belief

llama

It’s so much better when they ignore the playlist, eg evenings or weekends.

Needs a bit of a weekday daytime shake up. Apart from that? No keep doing what you are doing.

What is the group name for a collection of over weight middle aged men wearing band t shirts at a gig? Answer: a lemacq

Mmmyyyy naaammme iiiiisss iiiiggyy pop

He’s the next Lemmy

pondo

They play good music but I can’t stand the bits inbetween.

Yeah, largely agree – most presenters I don’t mind, some I like (like Radcliffe – Macconie less so…), some need to STFU. Keavsney is my chief annoyance, neither interesting nor funny.

spursn17
    Free Member

BBC6 isn’t perfect, but then I think that is why it’s so good.

I tend not to listen much on a Saturday until it’s time for Craig Charles, but other than that I dip in and out for the rest of the week. One of it’s strengths is that you will always hear something new at some point, or an old track that you haven’t heard for years (Carter USM, Sherriff Fatman yesterday!).
    When I’m at work it’s always a fight to gain control of the radio stations and when I hear some of the right old pony that other people put on I thank whatever force is about that BBC6 exists, I had to listen to a couple of hours of Magic and Heart the other day and I nearly went into a coma as they repeat the same tracks constantly.

It annoys me sometimes when the do stuff like their Pixies fest and the Glastonbury excitement overload, but I’d miss it if it wasn’t there, even Keaveny.

sadexpunk

tis good that we’re all listening to it and all like the variety of music and presenters, as mentioned above, itd be a shame if we all liked the same thing.

me personally, i prefer the music on lemaqs show (bit more punk + indie), radcliffe and maconie including the chat, love listening to their humourous yipyap, gideon coe and marc riley.

dont like weekends so much, cerys, gilles et al. the bit on lemaqs show where he gets an ‘expert’ in to profile a listener has me wanting to shout at the radio, “mate, its a total guess so **** off”.

its the only station i listen to tho, love the diversity of it all. best thing is you never get any chart sh1t on there.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

DAB in the car

The only dab I had in my car was when we were 18 and someone had a bag of billy.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Tom Ravenscroft is also very good

He was funny on Mastermind, knowing nothing about Warp. I think that was around the time Autechre sent him feed1 to play for the first time ever.

kimbers

Huey kicking ass this morning !

CountZero

Have any of you lot whining about 6Music ever listened to Radio 1 for more than three minutes? I’m forced to listen to it for hours at a time, my team leader has it on all day, except for Moyles on Radio X in the morning, and that show consists of several people talking incessantly about themselves with the occasional record thrown in.
    6 is possibly the best radio station on the planet, by comparison to pretty much anything else I’ve listened to over the years.
    Imagine 6Music playing the entire new Ed Sheeran album in one go, which Radio 1 did, then raving breathlessly for hours after!
    Now stop bitching about the wonder which is 6.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘6 Music’ is closed to new replies.