Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • 6 Music now – live artist now
  • rascal
    Free Member

Hilarious – utter crud going by the name of Kate Tempest rapping innit.
    WTF? Of course LL thinks she’s ‘amazing’ and ‘electrifying’ like everyone she arselicks on there.
    I am not alone in thinking this before I get panned for posting this BTW…

kayak23

Kate Tempest is ace.
    I saw her doing a live spoken word poetry thing supporting Scroobius Pip.
    Personally, I thought that track was dope! I’d not heard her set to music before.
    If you don’t like her, then hey, that’s fine.
    🙂

Of course LL thinks she’s ‘amazing’ and ‘electrifying’ like everyone she arselicks is enthusiastic about on there

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BQBOUnF0So[/video]

binners

The first time I’ve ever been tempted to turn 6 Music off. I didn’t because as she started waffling on afterwards, we were trying to work out if this was actually a really bad Ali G style comedy routine?

Absolutely bloody awful!! Des’ree standard use of the English language when it came to ‘rhymes’

kayak23

😆

DezB
    Free Member

I saw her doing a live spoken word poetry thing supporting Scroobius Pip.

I saw that tour too. Was pretty good. Didn’t like her album though.
    Hey! Hang on a goddam second!! Are you , you are aren’t you? I don’t believe it for a moment!! 6 MUSIC WAS PLAYING SOMETHING NEW???

Someone pick me up off the floor. Someone was offended by 6 Music playing something new. This is an astounding moment in history (for me). Like punk rock happening all over again.

I need a cup of tea.

rascal
    Free Member

Shut. Up. For. God’s. Sake. Innit.

Swelper
    Free Member

Couldnt listen to her voice for any length of time

LoCo
    Free Member

Radio in workshop was changed to radio 2 straight away grateing voice, Jeremy Vine on there so went for a walk 👿

coogan
    Free Member

First time ever I actually switched 6Music off when she was rabbiting on. I couldn’t figure out if she was rapping a ‘song’ or rapping an answer to Lauren as she just babbled on constantly. Garbage.

jackthedog
    Free Member

White middle class males in not liking youth culture shocker.

Not particularly keen on the music myself, but I thought she was one of the most interesting, enthusiastic and inspiring interviewees I’d heard in a while.

Don’t worry, they’ll be interviewing Richard Ashcroft again tomorrow.

nedrapier

Has Rick Holland been on yet? Tankling about a Brian Eno/Karl Hyde album?

Can’t listen at the mo.

LoCo
    Free Member

White middle class males in not liking youth culture shocker.

Hardly ‘edgy’ though is it, just a bit crap 😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Kate Tempest? Scroobius what?

LoCo
    Free Member

young persons beat combos I belive Woppit

nedrapier

Rick Holland?

Never mind. The album’s getting an airing, not him. I misread something.

DezB
    Free Member

young persons beat combos I belive Woppit

Not really, no. Easily found on that oh so modern contraption “the Internet”

buck53

“… and you can’t even hear the words… Is it a boy or a girl?” – Everyone on STW, apparently.

fasthaggis

I am outraged by some people, and their inability to reach the off switch or tuning dial.

They are beyond hope 😉

zippykona

Those who don’t remember history … Blah Blah

[video]http://youtu.be/Byh5k-m2SqI[/video]

Will we never learn!

sadexpunk

just googled images of her. very surprised at what i saw after hearing her talk. just goes to show, language/dialect is certainly evolving fast.

freddyg
    Free Member

Not really my cup of tea, but didn’t turn it off. I like to hear new things. If I like it, great; if I don’t, meh..

binners

They’ve just redeemed themselves by playing 808, Cubic. Keep us old duffers happy 😀

benw
    Free Member

She is a lot better than those wishy washy more of the same bands that lard plays every evening.Radio six is great.

LoCo
    Free Member

Peter can’t stand Radcliff and Maconie, the bird calls saying something bit has just tipped himover the edge so I’ll have to endure radio 2 muzac & sickening shout outs until 4pm 😆

sadexpunk

excellence is restored. damned ‘smash it up’ and stranglers ‘hanging around’. alls well with the world.

CountZero

Hilarious – utter crud going by the name of Kate Tempest rapping innit.
    WTF? Of course LL thinks she’s ‘amazing’ and ‘electrifying’ like everyone she arselicks on there.
    I am not alone in thinking this before I get panned for posting this BTW…

So, a presenter who’s also been a successful artist in her own right, enjoys other people’s music, and takes great pleasure in promoting other artists who’s music she actually likes is arselicking?
    🙄
    I’ll favour enthusiasm for different music over indifference while promoting yourself as a ‘celebrity’ every time. (See: C. Moyles)
    FWIW, I couldn’t listen to MS Tempest’s session today, but I did hear a long spoken piece she did on a live 6Music broadcast a little while back, and I was seriously impressed.
    So there you go, late middle-aged white bloke enjoys something different.
    Who’d a thunk it…
    And LaLa Favourited a Tweet of mine about her playing Aimee Mann earlier, which I was chuffed about. 😀

rascal
    Free Member

To the more positive posters here, did you ACTUALLY hear the first song she did?
    I’m not joking…it was bloody awful. Everyone in the vicinity of the radio in my workplace who heard it thought it was a wind-up – that was boys AND girls from 24 upwards so not all ‘white middle-classed males’…then over the course of the next 20 mins she yaps incessantly about not a lot.
    I couldn’t turn it off, or I would have….clearly a few posters here DID hear it and thought similar and did turn over.
    I’m not against new ‘electrifying’ breakthrough acts – she might well be the next big thing but that first live song didn’t come across well on the radio at all. LL is enthusiastic but c’mon, I’ve heard a few ropey live acts on her show and they certainly are not all ‘amazing’ as she often tells us.
    That is all.

nicko74

enjoys other people’s music, and takes great pleasure in promoting other artists who’s music she actually likes is arselicking?

She was pretty sycophantic this morning, especially when she started reading out tweets about how this session was life-changing and such balls. I mean, even for her standards it was a bit sickening.

Scroobius Pip: good. Girl this morning: had waaaaay too much caffeine beforehand, and also perhaps didn’t understand how microphones work. She may have had something useful to say; I couldn’t tell because she was shouting too much.

somafunk

I just love these haterz threads, Kate Tempest is a very talented wordsmith and she is so far removed from being a rapper that i figure you need to get back to your easy chair in the window of the care home and ease your arthritic joints.

From a personal point of view i’ve seen her perform a number of times, whether that be purely spoken word on her own or in a collective and every time it’s been amazing, her energy and delivery is mesmerising and you cannot fail to be impressed – if it’s all possible you don’t enjoy such a spoken performance then turn off, or possibly try further education classes.

😉

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘6 Music now – live artist now’ is closed to new replies.