Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • 6 music breakfast show…
  • momo

…Keavney is back on Monday, make the most of it while you can!

zippykona

I’m not even that much of a Craig Charles fan . It makes you realise how a shit keavney is that he can make anyone sound brilliant.
    Let’s hope hospital radio snaps him up soon.

binners

Its a double edged sword. Craig Charles has been brilliant!

But on a positive note; Mary Anne Hobbs can sod off with taking her sonic journey through music on the aural mobility scooter of destiny, or whatever. Her insipid, simpering voice drives me mad

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MussEd
    Free Member

Completely agree Binners MAH just makes me switch off.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Craig Charles!!!

What? When? Dammit! I don’t mind Keaveney but I love the F&S show, and this morning has been ace, I may back and grab some listen again.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i like craig charles at breakfast. maybe more than the F&S show…

Keva
    Free Member

it’s always a refreshing break when Keavney disappears for a few days and someone else steps in. I love 6music but Keavney is the bane of it. a great radio station ruined by an idiot every morning. Just why oh why is he there?

Pigface
    Free Member

Binners is on the money with that, who listens to her talking about her “Aural magic carpet gliding through a forest of chords and harvesting the notes of inspiration that fall from clouds of sonic depth and tone” and thinks Oh sign me up I have to listen to that

Utter rubbish

zippykona

I’ve never understood why Gary Crowley wasn’t given the job.
    6 was invented for him.

fasthaggis

Life is so hard.

Try this

Happy Friday 😛

muggomagic

I think having hobbs in the line up is the BBC getting it’s own back on all those who saved 6 music from the axe.

zippykona

Haggis. 6 is about the music. There really isn’t anything to compare.(just give xfm a go)
    Keavny is all about trying to get a guest spot on QI.
    My radio remains silent while he is on.
    Is it really too much to ask to listen to a dj on a music station who cares about music.

freddyg
    Free Member

Is it really too much to ask to listen to a dj on a music station who cares about music.

+1. They should never have removed Phil Jupitus.

lister

My big problem with 6 music is the DJs. There are plenty of stations where big personalities, chat and non-music features have space.
    6 music should be music with very little chat or talking.

Keavney is the prime example of all that is wrong.

zippykona

After a few beers I’d certainly rather go back to Huey’s house than Keavney’s to go through his record collection.
    Keavney’s is probably a few “Now that’s what I call music”compilations left in the back of his car.

lemonysam
    Free Member

6 music should be music with very little chat or talking.

Why? There’s loads of interesting chat on some of the shows. Jarvis Cocker talking to Stephen Witt about the rise of napster/kazaa the other week was fascinating.

timraven

Keavney’s is probably a few “Now that’s what I call music”compilations left in the back of his car.

I sincererly doubt that his “love” of music extends that far, unless it has lots of his own voice in the collection.

fasthaggis

There really isn’t anything to compare

Really,really?

I haven’t looked,because the few annoying bits on 6 don’t bother me enough ,I just switch to listen again stuff or whatever new music I have waiting.
    Of course,I may change my mind if they gave Katie Puckrik a regular slot 😉

unklehomered
    Free Member

I think you’ve all forgotten that once upon a time George Lamb had a show. I’ll never complain as long as he stays gone, I’ll even quietly suffer the dulcet tone of MEH… so as Lamb never returns…

M6TTF
    Free Member

Keaveny and Hobbs need burning

wrecker
    Free Member

There has been some epic music on this week but I find it very hard to like Craig Charles.
    And I like mary but it’s all a bit too “let me massage you whilst I squeeeeeze you down my musical passage”

CountZero

zippykona – Member
    Haggis. 6 is about the music. There really isn’t anything to compare.(just give xfm a go)
    Keavny is all about trying to get a guest spot on QI.
    My radio remains silent while he is on.

Bloody right! At least all the other dj’s are passionate about music, most being musicians themselves, instead of a bunch of self-obsessed idiots looking for the next chat show opportunity; (see: Chris Moyles, George Lamb. What are they doing now?)
    As far as MAH is concerned, I much prefer having her on when LaLa’s away instead of Nemone with her EDM obsession. Nem, keep it for your own show where I don’t have to listen to your beats and breaks or whatever.
    They have Heart FM or Radio One on in the next room at work…

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Keavny is fine by me, he is entertaining in a way that very few DJ’s manage, i.e. interesting chat between the records rather than the Shane or Christian default which is to promote themselves above the listener entertainment.
    There, I have said it, but this is from a man the bemoans the demise of Phil Jupitus & a certain Sir Terry, just make Shaun do Janet & John stories & I’ll be happy.

JEngledow
    Free Member

I’ve found the handover between Elizabeth Alker (standing in for Chris Hawkins) and Shaun Keaveny has been excruciatingly uncomfortable these last two mornings 🙄

curto80
    Free Member

You lot are mental, Keaveny is a genius, leave him alone.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I still don’t know why 6 music isn’t on FM (got to be more demand for it than radio 3)

And also – whats with all this “Needle time” beeswax on the BBC – it’s the 21st century – shut up and play some more songs!

FM – by the way – should stand for “For Motorists” – anyone else think pushing car owners over to DAB is environmentally irresponsible?

doris5000

surely Liz Kershaw and Jarvis Cocker have to be for the chop before Keavney.

And Steve Lamacq.

MrNice
    Free Member

curto80 – you are Keaveney’s mum and I claim my £5

gregburnham

doris5000 – Member
    surely Liz Kershaw and Jarvis Cocker have to be for the chop before Keavney.

And Steve Lamacq.

WHAT?! You can’t be serious about Lamacq.

Spin
    Free Member

I really like Craig Charles on the radio. He knows and loves his music which is as it should be.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Kershaw and Cocker make me turn off, she witters on about not having any curtains in her flat every time she’s on the radio. Cocker is exactly that, a pretentious plonker who had a few hits with a BAND, he was not a solo artist.

I like Keavney, granted I hear about 45 mins each day, and MAH and almost all the others, don’t get to listen to LL or the other two in the afternoon. No-one including CC has done a decent job of replacing Keaveny as such but CC comes close if only because of his choice of music. ~I do find it interesting that the same people always pop up on here when Keaveny is away. Immediately that he is gone.. Other favourites are Gid Coe, Tom Ravenscroft and Don Letts.

thenorthwind

31 posts on 6music DJs and no-one has mentioned Katie Puckrik?

doris5000

WHAT?! You can’t be serious about Lamacq.

he can take his zany tune that he plays every day for about 12 minutes at the end of the show, and the nickname ‘Lammo’ and shove them wherever he so chooses.

Steve Lamacq wears novelty socks and drives an Austin Montego. 😡

(that ’round table section is sometimes ok tho)

gregburnham

he can take his zany tune that he plays every day for about 12 minutes at the end of the show, and the nickname ‘Lammo’ and shove them wherever he so chooses.

Steve Lamacq wears novelty socks and drives an Austin Montego.

(that ’round table section is sometimes ok tho)

But, but …… but…….. ok, fair point about novelty socks. Can’t respect a man who wears them. 🙂

That tune at the end of the week is very annoying it has to be said.

CountZero

FM – by the way – should stand for “For Motorists” – anyone else think pushing car owners over to DAB is environmentally irresponsible?

Why, exactly? Does having a DAB radio in a car somehow increase its carbon emissions? I truly have no idea what you’re talking about.
    I stopped listening to FM in my car around twelve-thirteen years ago, because of the hopeless, woefully inadequate reception anywhere I regularly drove, which is around North Wilts.
    I would leave Chippenham heading towards Bath on the A4, lose the signal for R2 (no R1, I’m not ten), around halfway to Corsham, about three miles, and not pick up a signal until I was actually in Bath.
    It must be said that the signal strength of DAB seems to have dropped, but I can still drive the twelve miles to Bath and only lose signal in Box, for less than a mile; same driving to Bristol, twenty five miles away, where I only lose signal in Ford, eight miles away, because it’s in a valley.
    FM sucks in a car.
    Even when it’s fairly new, with a good antenna and a brand new Sony head unit.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Why, exactly? Does having a DAB radio in a car somehow increase its carbon emissions? I truly have no idea what you’re talking about.

you have to make loads of DAB head units and dispose of lots of old ones

FM sucks in a car.

Still better coverage than DAB on average

ransos
    Free Member

Considering the vast quantity of resources required to build, maintain, operate and dispose of a car, it seems a little odd to be complaining about the need for a new radio.

stevious

I love 6music but the block of middle-aged men that dominate the daytime from lunch -> late night gets a bit repetitive. I think they should replace Marc Riley or Lamacq with someone younger and/or female.

traildog
    Free Member

But you will always be making head units for new cars, so what does it matter if they’re DAB or FM. Really not following this argument.. ❓

_tom_
    Free Member

I don’t really like any of the 6music presenters. I’m not actually sure how old they are but they sound like Dads trying to still be “hip and with it” wth their mostly boring music. I always end up having to listen to it at work and whilst it’s better than radio 1 it’s started to do my head in now.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘6 music breakfast show…’ is closed to new replies.