Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 6 month ban for driving whist on the phone and nearly knocking a copper off his
  • Harry_the_Spider
    camo16
    Free Member

She’s a girl and she’s allowed.

Case closed.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ll be her chauffeur

br
    Free Member

I just don’t get it.

They spend £50k on a car and don’t add an bluetooth phone kit – or did they come as standard on an RR?

Junkyard
    Free Member

6 month ban

pffft had worse 😉

surfer
    Free Member

They spend £50k on a car and don’t add an bluetooth phone kit – or did they come as standard on an RR?

I ask that question all the time. My wife has a Ford Fiesta and that comes with Bluetooth. I would be staggered if any car over £20k doesnt have it as standard now.

VanMan
    Free Member

My Vito came with Bluetooth built in, unfortunately my new phone is incompatible with it so I am now paired to the Garmin, so it is not always that straight forward.

nick1962
    Free Member

Fully deserves the book throwing at her,unfortunately some drivers(a police officer at that) kill people whilst using a phone and don’t even get prosecuted.
    https://www.facebook.com/JusticeForDavidBartholomew

Sancho
    Free Member

in what way did she suffer more than most.

solicitors make me sick with their bolx in court

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus

6 month ban

pffft had worse

I do not believe you……………you`re too nice !

tonyd

Her lawyer, Nick Freeman, argued at Highbury Magistrates court that his client had “suffered more than a normal person because of the media attention her arrest had attracted”.

Sarah who? Arrested you say? Well I never.

Drac

I would be staggered if any car over £20k doesnt have it as standard now.

Audi.

Scrap that they do now.

racefaceec90

could i add that the courts also take into consideration her crimes against music also 😉

toys19
    Free Member

OR a rabid technophobe? I forced an android smartphone on my wife so she could take pics of the kids and use the internerd when out, she cannot/willnot learn how to use it, nor connect to the bluetooth in the car..

GrahamS

“suffered more than a normal person because of the media attention her arrest had attracted”.

Have to say that is probably true.

Had she been a “normal person” who knocked a “normal cyclist” of his bike then it would never have even got to court.

That doesn’t mean her sentence was unfair – it means “normal people” get away with too much!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘6 month ban for driving whist on the phone and nearly knocking a copper off his’ is closed to new replies.