Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 6 hours to kill at Stockholm arlanda. What to do?
  • Pook

I’m tempted to get the rapid train into Stockholm but what can I do in say, 2 hours before I have to get back? Flashy, I’m looking at you.

Harry_the_Spider

I just sat in the café on the mezzanine and read a book. Boring eh?

flicker
    Free Member

6 hours should be more than enough, do you already have a target or are you going to pick someone at random? 😯

Pook

Just wondering what I shouldn’t miss with a short (tiny) visit into the centre

beiciwr64
    Free Member

Go to duty free buy loads of General portion Snus and sell it to me 😀

Pook

I don’t even know what snus is

mmannerr

Surströmming challenge.

Pigface
    Free Member

Suns 😯 next you will say you like salt liquorice 😀

You could get into the city and see the parliament building and the little streets close by, you would have to be quick.

Pigface
    Free Member

Snus *#$€¥# autocorrect

matt_outandabout

Just be glad you are not at Stockholm(!) Skavsta – it felt like banjo’s were going to be played as you stepped out the plane, into the deep forest!
    The lady who did passport control was also the lady who did the hire cars – and she also locked the doors behind us as we were last people out the building.
    Wonderful.

Pigface
    Free Member

Skavsta is way better than Gothenburg City airport 😀 but at least it is 20mins on a local bus to downtown. Skavsta is 100 km from Stockholm.

teacake
    Free Member

Arlanda Express into town, have a wander round City Hall, walk along the waterside to parliament buildings. Have a drink in Berns then get back on the train.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Should be do-able to get on the ‘Rainbow’ bus to the city centre – takes about 1 hr, leaves every 1/2 IIRC, cost about £20. Alternatively – take the speeder train – expensive though! Stockholm is probably not all that great shakes for a short while though, there’s not much to actually ‘see’ – what would you have – 1 1/2 hours, maybe?

Alternatively… you can do what I have done, which is walk straight out of the airport, across the carpar area, take a left at the first petrol station and keeeeeepp waaaaalking…

Eventually you’ll find a nice lake, with some scots pine trees and heather. I laid down in the sun there for about 8 hours in May, it was quite nice.

Probably not so nice this time of year though!

Flaperon

Only 18 minutes by train to Uppsala, peaceful university town.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘6 hours to kill at Stockholm arlanda. What to do?’ is closed to new replies.