Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • 6 foot 5 inch riders … what full-susser works for you?
  • ryderredman
    Free Member

I’m 6’5″, ride an XL meta am v4. It’s super long!

RustyNissanPrairie

6’6″ – 90kgs

XL Cannondale Jekyll bargain from Pauls Cycles, previous to that a Cannondale Prophet XL.
    Cannondale do nice long front centres/TT’s

Euro
    Free Member

OP you’re falling into the trap that most on here do in that you think you need a new bike (or more travel) as you get better at riding a bike. You don’t. You might want a new bike (who doesn’t 😀 ) but a better set of forks for your current bike would see you right (and maybe a shock tune at the back). You’d still be quids in and be on a bike you’re familiar with.

I’m 6’5″, 15st and ride a large 26″ stumpy evo. On paper it should be too small but i love it and don’t feel cramped (i come from a bmx background so it feels huge 😀 ). It suits how i ride which is mostly standing unless an uphill is involved and don’t mind it appearing too small when i’m seated as that’s not why i ride.

I do like the look of some of the new gen longer bikes (not taller – i’m not a fan of tall seatposts), but not enough to spend a load of money on. If i break my current bike i’ll change it but not before (again not your typical STWer 😛 ).

You’re pretty much spoilt for choice these days if you decide you need a new bike though. Haven’t ridden any of these new style bikes but a few friends have the L/XL Enduro 29 and love them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bigmick25
    Free Member

6ft 7in and 14st here and I have two Canyon 29ers, FS and HT and they fit me extremely well without having to have seat posts at full stretch etc.

tinytim

6’4″, 14st
    Niner RIP9 is brilliant in the Peak. Also have an XL Solaris.
    Both look like normal bikes from a distance and fit well after many years of being perched atop bikes that were too small.

timbo678
    Free Member

Nomad XL 6’5 and 15stone

bigjim

Just under 6’5″ and on an xl transition smuggler, first bike to truly fit me. Excellent reach for us tall types. You don’t need longer travel because you’re getting better

poey50
    Free Member

And the winning post is from …. Euro. Cheers buddy!

Thanks to all, but I’ve just pulled the trigger on some 140mm Pikes having just noticed that Radon are speccing 140mm forks on their HD version of the Slide (with the same frame as mine).

Drooling over a new bike now deferred …

hammyuk
    Free Member

Has anyone said “a f***** big one” yet?

funkrodent

FWIW am 6’4″ with looong legs (35-36″), and am loving the XL Vitus Sommet that I just bought. Great bike!

Euro
    Free Member

Hurrah for me! Wise choice poey.

Drooling over a new bike now deferred …

Drooling is much less expensive than buying 😀 Enjoy the new forks.

v666ern
    Free Member

do I not get part winner for suggesting another Radon?! Damn you euro and your logic!

😆

Euro
    Free Member

I’m not sure what i win for winning V666ern, but you can have half of it.

Lester
    Free Member

a bloke in classifieds is selling a ventana el Capitan in xl for £500, couldnt go wrong for that money?

v666ern
    Free Member

#winning

think it might be his old forks…do you want uppers or lowers

stevieallison
    Free Member

6’4″ and 19St

have been riding a 21.5″ Trek Fuel EX8 for 5 years – 26er wheels though – fits great

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘6 foot 5 inch riders … what full-susser works for you?’ is closed to new replies.