Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 5Nm Torque Wrench?
  • codybrennan
    Free Member

I’m getting paranoid with all this carbon thing. I should really get a 5Nm torque wrench to be sure, I think.

Has anyone bought one that they would recommend?

celticdragon

The Topeak Nano’s are great if expensive for their size, and all you need to use them is your current multi tool.

oldejeans
    Free Member

I have a Ritchey.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Thanks guys

steve_b77
    Free Member

Ritchey torque tool, comeso with loads of bits too

Dibbs
    Free Member

Norbar SLO.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

+ another for Ritchey. To be fair it’s surprised me how high 5nm is, I’m wincing and gritting teeth way before the clutch gives!

oldtalent
    Free Member

To be fair it’s surprised me how high 5nm is, I’m wincing and gritting teeth way before the clutch gives!

Isn’t that the truth! Everything on my bikes were under torqued before I had a wrench as I was so worried abour tearing threads outs of expensive components.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

I bought one of these, does the job. Cal tester in work said it was near enough…

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-essential-torque-wrench-set/

jeffl

I’ve got one of these. Not great if access is tight but handy for a range of low torque stuff. Not sure how accurate it is but add it relies on the twist of the metal shaft I can’t imagine that it will go out of calibration.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/topeak-combo-torq-wrench/rp-prod137802

trailmoggy
    Free Member

If it’s only 5nm your better of with a torque screw driver, talking about carbon bars I’ve cracked my deda leggara Carbon road bars and I’ve only ever torqued them up with a calibrated torque driver

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘5Nm Torque Wrench?’ is closed to new replies.