Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 5:2 diet – 1st target hit. Sustainability?
  • dantsw13

I’ve hit my first target on the 5:2 diet. 1 month in, and under 15 St this morning!!

My target is 14st. With regular exercise, will 1 weekly fast be a good sustaining mechanism?

Many thanks.

IanMunro
    Free Member

You probably need opinions from people who have been doing it for 10 years+ to answer any sustainability questions. Which might limit the validity of most responses.

dantsw13

Long term I agree, but mainly I’m interested if the concept of 1 weekly fast works for maintenance.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    renton
    Free Member

What were you at the start?

HOw does this diet work then?

5thElefant
    Free Member

Diet…

The other option would be to eat more on your ‘normal’ days.

sadexpunk

yep, i used to do the 2 X 24hr fasts per week with good success. now for sustainability i live to more of a leangains system, which is basically no breakfast. i pretty much eat my daily calories in an 8hr window, dinner and tea, and could do this for ever really, tis easy. means i can eat more in those two meals too 😀

dantsw13

Renton, if you Google 5/2 diet, there is loads on it. Basically 2 days a week fasting, 5 days eating normally. Fasting days max 600 Kcal.

I started at 15″7 a month ago. Took the kids to McD’s on a fast day yesterday 🙁 only a D. Coke for me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘5:2 diet – 1st target hit. Sustainability?’ is closed to new replies.