Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • 5:10s….. worth the money now? still got card board soles? or alternatives?
  • futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Those ^^^^^ I’ve been using a pair of 5/10 elements all winter – fantastic shoe. Tried Teva Links, crap really, poor grip, the toe area is a sieve, so lets water in, they are comfy though.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’m pretty disappointed in my Tevas although they’re better in the bouncy bike than the hardtail. The sole is really thick too so you can’t feel much.

I’ll be on the look out for some new Five Ten Freeriders in a sale methinks. They don’t look too bad and grip really, really well.

gren
    Free Member

5 10 Freerider Elements here. 2 winters (and a Summer) and they still look a good as new. Filthy but as good as new.

They are my only shoes and do around 40-50 off road miles a week. I’d say they’ll get me to 5 years easily.

Never had a problem drying them either and they look good – they may as well be a skate shoe. All black so subtle

ian martin
    Free Member
    duncancallum

£20 on some cheap airwalk from sport direct.

They do 6-9 months before they die
    Cheap loads of grip job done.

I fancy some flats like skate or 5-10s but with studs/grips on the toes.

ton

just bought some new 5 ten spitfires today.
    lovely shoe.

jayx2a
    Free Member

I’m using 5 10 vxi with the semi smooth sole. Can’t fault them, not bulky at all. Sometimes wish I had bought the elements version though!

ton

got a new pair of specialized 2fo’s on this morning.
    no where near as grippy or as comfy as any 5 tens I have had.

Dilwyn
    Free Member

My free rider element vxi’s only lasted 5 months. Absolutely loved them whilst they lasted though. I replaced them with some impact vxi’s they also only lasted 5 months. They were also a brilliant shoe if not quite as grippy as the original impacts, although they were leagues ahead in terms of weight, style and weather proofing. 5 months for a pair of £100 shoes is a joke, particularly as I always have a couple of pairs and rotate their use so I always have a dry pair.

I’ve now got a pair of specialized 2FO shoes which I find pretty much on a par with the impact vxi’s. They do let in a lot of water though. I hope they last a bit longer than the 5:10’s.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘5:10s….. worth the money now? still got card board soles? or alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.