Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 5:10 vxi elements
  • matther01
    Free Member

Any used them in the wet yet? Verdict?

rockhopperbike

better than impacts the proper fell apart,- I kept the receipt thou- just in case!

downhilldave

They are quite waterproof,BUT if you are wearing shorts the water runs down your legs and fills the shoes up. Much to the amusement of my riding buddies on Saturday on a very wet ride. The water stays inside, resulting in mucho squelching. Some form of trousers with sealskins would be the answer. By the way they clean up and dry very well.Better than Teva mids, Karver’s which took all week. Not much grip from the sole if its very muddy, but they grip the pedals like a leech.I like em 😀

rOcKeTdOg

Yes, wore them this weekend at Penmachno & coed-y-brenin, both trails had river sections, I was skeptical about the smooth soles but wow they were great on the wet rocks there, and much stickier then my old 5:10 soles on the pedals, had trouble moving my feet. They also don’t look so special.
    Riding thru axle deep water was always going to overwhelm the dwr coating as water just poured into the shoe but performance was unaffected, they dried overnight too

matther01
    Free Member

Brilliant…cant wait for mine to arrive.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘5:10 vxi elements’ is closed to new replies.