Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 50mm stems, light and strong?
  • dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Looking for a new stem, 50mm. preferably lighter the better. Looking at Renthal duo or maybe Easton haven? Any other options before I splash the cash?

Liftman

Hope

warpcow
    Free Member

Pro FRS. Cheap too.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Didn’t realise how cheap and light that pro frs stem was. Was in back of my mind but now it’s in the front! Not quite the same bling levels but for £30 it’s hard to say no. Ta.

JoeG
    Free Member

On-One CNC?

I have one, and it looks really nice. A lot cheaper than the big brands…

steezysix
    Free Member

Superstar Zenith in chrome finish!

tymbian
    Free Member

I’ve an Answer.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Another On-one CNC here, very impressed, light, cheap, looks great and has withstood some abuse lately

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I did a fair bit of research into this a while back and though I lusted after the light weight of the on-one and superstar stems, apparently they aren’t made for all out carnage… I have a pro frs which does a fine job, or the Funnduro stem is also ready for abuse.

colournoise

Had a Pro FRS which was good. Switched it out for a Ragley Stubbings as I needed something with a lower stack height. Preferred the Ragley and would have gone for another one for my new build but CRC don’t have any. Gone for a Funn Funnduro instead – not ridden it yet, but it’s a great looking bit of kit, plenty light enough, seems solidly made and by all accounts is plenty strong.

Northwind

Pro FRS is excellent, finishing’s a bit iffy (I’ve got 3, none of them have the decals quite right) but that’s all there is to grumble about.

KCNC SS33 is a nice bit of kit too, more machined-looking if that’s your thing, wee bit lighter than the Pro. Fiddly 2-piece faceplate though.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘50mm stems, light and strong?’ is closed to new replies.