Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • 50mm stem with a bit of rise/drop?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Is there such a thing?

I’d like to try a 50mm stem on my bike and could do with losing 1 or 2cm in height at the same time.

Northwind

I have a Hope riser stem- 50mm, 25 degrees, it amounts to about 2cm. It’s ****ing disgusting to look at, but if you don’t mind that, I’ll sell it to you 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

Hi Northwind, would it be this style?

Northwind

That’s the one. Mine is the gunmetal grey though. All that machining, talk about polishing a jobby.

chakaping
    Free Member

Ta, the bike is hardly a looker anyway.

I’ve got a nasty feeling the stack height may be a bit too high though, will check and drop you a line if it looks like it could be a go-er.

wl
    Free Member

Got a very lovely ‘used once’ Thomson Elite x4 50mm stem for sale. Excellent condition. Zero degree rise but it’s a fantastic stem, just no good for me. £45 posted, £40 collect from Calderdale. PM me if you like.

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Why not just a zero rise 50mm stem and then a bar with a a bit of rise instead. Something like a Race Face Atlas 50mm stem with a matching atlas bar with a 30mm rise? I may know someone who could provide such a pair of items :p

John

chakaping
    Free Member

Maybe I should have specified, I need to flip the stem to get the bar lower on a long travel 29er.

Thanks for the offer WL, but I’ll have to pass.

Poopscoop

chakaping – Member
    Maybe I should have specified, I need to flip the stem to get the bar lower on a long travel 29er.

Thanks for the offer WL, but I’ll have to pass.

Out of curiosity will that cause clearance issues with the brakes hitting the top tube?

submarined
    Free Member

The only one I know of is the Rental apex.

takisawa2

I thought I needed the same as the op but went with a Hope 70mm x 25 deg. Dear lord now that’s an ugly thing, but it’s put the bars right where they work best for me.

ferrals
    Free Member

Out of curiosity will that cause clearance issues with the brakes hitting the top tube?

Possibly at full lock, but I don’t see that as an issue, mine do but I never notice it riding, just have to be careful putting it on the car.

You can get negative rise bars now as well, but think they are expensive, syntace do them I think

wl
    Free Member

Chaka – no worries and good luck. My friend did what you’re considering with a stem that gave him negative rise on Stanton hardtail – worked fine. Can’t remember what brand but it was a very posh stem. I’ll try to find out for you.

chakaping
    Free Member

The only specific one I’ve seen is the syntace flatforce stem. If you think the hope is ugly, just Google that one!

And it’s more than £100.

wl
    Free Member

That was it, Syntace. Not pretty, no. Good luck anyway.

chakaping
    Free Member

Nah, the TT is sloped quiet sharply, bigger concern is will the stem clear the head tube.

Not mine, but same frame…

woodster
    chakaping
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ve started to look for wide flat bars as a possible alternative now. Not much on offer in carbon though.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘50mm stem with a bit of rise/drop?’ is closed to new replies.