Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 50cc Scooter for daughter
  • thecrookofdevon

I have 15 yr old soon to be 16 daughter who has set her sights on getting a scooter asap. Seems fairly reasonable to me. We are in a rural location, she wants some freedom and independence and does not want to be ferried around by us in cars. She has just passed all her exams with top marks and I feel a wee reward is in order. Anybody got any experience of scooters/mopeds? Recommendations please, thinking along the second hand £500 quid mark. Or am I mad?

seavers
    Free Member

What scooter bla bla bla… The important things to teach her are that she should only wear jogging bottoms from sports direct and always…ALWAYS.. get right up behind any car at traffic lights and work the throttle like she is having a fit.

Lionheart
    Free Member

Rural location here as well and encouraged it. Get some really good training, they have to do CBT anyway so get the best and more. Buy some half decent kit – so much cheaper than Mtb gear. Create a routine check/maintenance schedule. Buy best bike you can. Good luck

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    br
    Free Member

Recommendations please, thinking along the second hand £500 quid mark. Or am I mad?

Might struggle to get a decent one for £500. 🙂

See this previous thread and my comments:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/mopeds-for-a-16-year-old-help

If my middle son’s scooter is still ok this time next year the youngest will be having it (also rural, and it’s 8 miles to school so will more than pay for itself vs us taking him) and we’ll be getting the elder one a 125.

Gear-wise, I gave my son one of my old helmets (a quality Nolan), a good pair of gloves and bought him a trendy Alpinestars armoured waterproof jacket (in the sales). He wears jeans and usually his work boots

thecrookofdevon

Thanks for the link to the previous thread which I had missed.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Automatic Vespa – not available for £500 I suspect sorry they are 125’s

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘50cc Scooter for daughter’ is closed to new replies.