Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • 50,000 years ago in deepest space…
  • CountZero

Wow! Fascinating stuff.

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh, and did I mention this magnetar is 50,000 light years away? No? That’s 500 quadrillion kilometers (300 quadrillion miles)

Lol! 500 quadrillion km is a meaningless number, I’m so glad he translated it into miles, I can really get a handle on that now 🙄 😆

highclimber
    Free Member

lol at molgrips. I gave up reading it as it was obviously aimed at retards who have no real interest in astronomy

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Space gives me a bad head.
    ‘It’s not only queerer than we think, It’s queerer than we CAN think’

mikey74
    Free Member

lol at molgrips. I gave up reading it as it was obviously aimed at retards who have no real interest in astronomy

Ooooooo and we only had to wait four posts for the stereotypical sanctimonious STW response.

RustySpanner

highclimber – Member

Yeah, we wouldn’t want just ANYONE enjoying this kind of thing would we?

CountZero

highclimber – Member

Thanks for that. I’m obviously a retard, as my interest in astronomy from childhood seems to have no significance whatsoever. 🙄

highclimber
    Free Member

what’s so sanctimonious about a genuine observation based on the language used in the article?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Obvious Toll is obvious

mikey74
    Free Member

what’s so sanctimonious about a genuine observation based on the language used in the article?

“retards”? Seriously? Perhaps you should learn how to make constructive criticism.

CountZero

Obviously an expert then. Oh, can we have a look at your credentials as an astrophysicist, please, just so we’re certain you know what you’re talking about.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Was it really aimed at “retards”? Are you sure it wasn’t for “spazzies” or “mongs”?

What are you, six years old?

bencooper
    Free Member

I thought it was a good article – it’s not a scientific paper, of course, but it’s well written for a lay audience.

(And I do have a degree in astrophysics)

mikey74
    Free Member

OK, I think the point has been made. Let’s get back to the awe and wonder of the event itself 😯

Neutron stars are truly unbelievable objects.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I thought this was going to be about the clangers 🙁

molgrips
    Free Member

It wasn’t meant to be sanctimony. I found the article awesome despite having a Physics degree. I think that editors insert these metric/imperial conversions automatically no matter how pointless, and end up sounding silly in the process.

retro83
    Free Member

Interesting article, ta. I should clarify that I am indeed a retard though.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Good read, oh and molgrips, it’s not all about you you know 😉 I think it could have been highclimber being an astronomy snob causing the bother…

piemonster

Thought this was about TJ for a moment

piemonster

@highclimber

Pull your head out of your ass

MrWoppit
    Free Member

You do look, my son, in a moved sort,
    As if you were dismay’d. Be cheerful, sir.
    Our revels now are ended. These our actors,
    As I foretold you, were all spirits and
    Are melted into air, into thin air,
    And, like the baseless fabric of this vision,
    The cloud-capp’d towers, the gorgeous palaces,
    The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
    Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve
    And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
    Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff
    As dreams are made on, and our little life
    Is rounded with a sleep.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘50,000 years ago in deepest space…’ is closed to new replies.