Viewing 21 posts - 401 through 421 (of 421 total)
  • "5000" lumen light….
  • brassneck

As far as the X2 goes I’d say it’s an OK cheap light. I’ve used it on a couple of rides and it has quite a nice near to mid distance flood, but for faster more open trails it needs to be used with a longer range light on the helmet.

There must be multiple LED or reflectors floating about under the same casing / name, as my FastTech ones on medium are good enough to road bike on at full tilt. Granted I don’t have to work the bike much, but it was always the reach of previous lights that slowed me down, no such issue with ‘my’ X2.

Scapegoat
    robdob
    Free Member

Mine from FastTech haven’t arrived, been 30 days now…..
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/anyone-waiting-for-lights-from-fasttech

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    AlexSimon

I would be cautious – get a recommendation from somewhere for an exact battery from an exact seller.

(those ones are on Torchy the battery boy’s site as a bad example of batts)

MarkLG
    Free Member

Scapegoat – those Ultrafires at best avoided. Nobody makes a 4000mAh 18650, the biggest genuine ones are Panasonic 3300s.
    Stick to Panasonic, Samsung or similar and you’ll get something that holds close to the claimed capacity.
    Have a look at this :

http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common18650Summary%20UK.html

You’ll be paying 2-3 times the price of the Ultrafires for something decent quality.

marmaduke
    Free Member

Mine arrived yesterday, a 30 day wait as someone walked from China with it in their pocket.

Gave me a good giggle! 😆

I agree with MarkLG. Keeppower, Xtar, Efest and Senybor all put together good Panasonic versions with no known fakes (yet).

On a side note does anyone fancy sending me a cr*p battery pack for testing? I’ll happily pay postage and return it if you want it back? I’m kind of curious what the actual capacity and discharge behaviour of these things is like.

philfive
    Free Member
    leeroybrown
    Free Member

marmaduke i got one from a light i bought last year which you can have i did start to take it apart thou ,
    or i have a new solarstorm one you can have maybe with a part ex of a battery box ?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I got one a month or so back but never used it with the original battery til today. It lasted 40 mins from fully charged to dead.

“Interestingly” after I recharged it tonight with the supplied charger it got to 8.4v (@11 watts for 120 mins) but after unplugging it and 20 mins sitting doing nothing it had sunk to 8.0. I then plugged it in to a smart charger and it refuses to go past 8.0 volts. So I suspect the battery’s got at least one dodgy cell in there. Or more.

The good news was that after it died on the trail – it shows 0.0v until it was reconnected to a charger. So at least there is some form of discharge protection in there.

I’m going to try and get a refund from the seller (uk).

marmaduke
    Free Member

Keeppower Panasonic batteries have arrived!! (two changes of suppliers, ‘lost shipments’ and paypal disputes later :D) If I had any idea it would have taken that long…anyway, I knocked up a basic website over the weekend because keeping track of everyone’s emails over hotmail was getting very confusing. (you may also notice I haven’t been to design school) mtblights.co.uk. I was really happy with runtimes. I rigged up a watercooled X2 in the kitchen sink and left it running. On full power it lasts for 3 hours 15mins, the power indicator will flash at about 15-20 mins left of full beam. The light will then continue for 1.5+ hours on a lower beam. It would have kept going for longer but I had to go to bed.

All in all very happy with the result. I’m going to test medium when I get time over the next few days.

Hope the info helps, Ollie

Scapegoat

Just received four Xtar 2600s from a company in Silsden.(I’d given up hope on Olly’s Panasonics….!) So far so good, they’re charging as we speak.So Olly, satisfy my curiosity, will you be selling the batteries separately? Or as a package in the box?

marmaduke
    Free Member

Hey Scapegoat, I am genuinely sorry it took so long, I learned a lesson of never saying I’m getting anything until I have the tracking number in the UK 😐 . I will be selling some separately. Unfortunately because they are higher quality and the shipping had to be all official because they’re hazardous goods they are more expensive than I hoped, for 4 will be 33.60 delivered. Please email me if you want because I don’t have a huge amount,
    Cheers, Ollie

cloudnine
    Free Member

Where can i get a battery box from?

z1ppy

Marmaduke/Ollie (up there ^^^) was selling them as separate unit originally, before his batteries arrived, drop him a mail and see if he still help? Or direct from china

cloudnine
    Free Member

tried emailing ollie a few days ago but not heard anything back..
    May order 10 boxes if anyone else is interested

p8ddy
    Free Member

Cloudnine…

If you want a battery box, I have one you can have for postage cost. They’re the threaded ones. I ordered three, so have one going spare.

Mines are threaded connectors, although the thread seems different to my SSX2’s thread, it still works perfectly. I’ve been using with batteries I got from Torchy (also got a battery from him as i’m a paranoiac) 😀

Think my email is in my profile, but if not it’s jesusarmy at hotmail dot com

cloudnine
    Free Member

P8ddy.. ygm Thanks 8)

cloudnine
    Free Member

Am i right in thinking its ok to use the supplied charger with protected 18650 batteries?? I was thinking of getting some decent 18650 protected batteries, a waterproof x4 battery box and just using the supplied charger.

marmaduke
    Free Member

sorry cloudnine I seem you have missed your email, hope you got one sorted

stevemorg2

If anyone else needs a battery box I have one I’m unlikely to use – I think it cost me £13 posted so I’ll let it go for that

jeffm
    Free Member

Running my Solarstorm with torchy’s 6 cell battery. So far so good.
    Beam pattern is not a sophisticated as my vision 4, one definately spot and one flood.
    I’m using it with my vision 4 for night time technical singletrack riding and it’s working very well so far.

Only minor niggle is the battery to head unit connector, the original battery has a screw connector and new 6 cell doesn’t. So it will rattle loose, a little bit of electrical tape holds it in place.

Viewing 21 posts - 401 through 421 (of 421 total)

The topic ‘"5000" lumen light….’ is closed to new replies.