• This topic has 480 replies, 127 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by ton.
Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 481 total)
  • 500 Mile a month.
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

June finished on 836 all on road.

Pretty proud of that considering…

exiger
    Free Member

718 miles for June on/off road

scandalous
    Free Member

2506 at the end of June. Quietly chuffed!

houndlegs
    Free Member

I’ve only gone and bloody well goddam done it :D. A mini weekend tour has put me on 555.8( better not forget the .8) for the month.
    There’ll be a party at houndlegs manor tonight.

ton

just gone over the 800 mile mark for july……..go in hospital next Wednesday so august will be pretty poor.

still loving it tho….. 8)

bikebouy
    Free Member

2216 for July for me, multiple Stage 1 & 2 of the TdF routes with mates and hacking Yorkshire to death has inspired the love 8)

ton

bikebouy….where are you on the list?

sandwicheater

Good job bikebouy. Was hoping August was going to my month to get the first 500.

COZZY
    Free Member

I’m up for it, I was trying to do 90 a week so this ups the anti a bit.

Q.I have seen the Edmundo challenge – is this better than Strava ?

I have been using Viewranger for off road rides and strava for on road rides ? I dont use the segments on Strava so am not bothered stopping it if Edmundo is better ?

K

njee20
    Free Member

2216 for July for me

Miles… in July alone? Chapeau!

650 for me, not too bad. 3320 YTD

mudshark
    Free Member

I don’t normally have much time in the week due to commuting but most of this year I’ve been staying away from home in the week so get 2 or 3 evening rides in each week. Hoping to hit 12,000k for the year which I am on track for despite having to back off with a sore knee for a while.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I have been lucky lads, holiday for the first two weeks of July then ” cough” working from home last week. Only downside was the roadie rear wheel buckled due to busted spoke 😆
    Also alongside this I’ve been doing Raphas “rising” event on Strava! with my WhippetMate which helped focus the mind and legs.
    Yorkshire’s a bumpy old place 😆

Been bloody amazeballs.

List? what list? Are you logging this somewhere ? All my stuffs on Garmin..

njee20
    Free Member

Holiday or not, 71 miles a day every day for a month is a top effort!

D0NK

just done two 500mile months taking me up to 3 for the year, which I’m pretty happy with, but just checked and I’d managed 5 by this time last year 😳

>2000mile month and completed RR?! well done bikebuoy

bikebouy
    Free Member

Fanx 😀

I am used to knocking the miles out though.. What did it though was inviting my WhippetMate up North “for a bit of riding” 😆
    He’s not called WhippetMate for nothing, he bang on focused rider (retired early so has all the time in the world to ride)

Two rideouts stick in my mind, one loop from Harrogate/Masham/Aysgarth/Grassington/Bolton Abbey/Ilkley/Harrogate in 32C and blistering sun had me eating innertubes whilst he’s prancing about worring about his fekin tan 🙄
    The other one just wiggled the lanes from Harrogate up to Grimwith Res over to Grassington and back through lanes no wider than a cars width (perfect) and that had me blowing chunks whilst he’s complaining about tyre pressures and wondering whether to stop and inflate them, damn if I nearly didn’t ram the pump up his backside the git.

Not riding with him again 😆

mudshark
    Free Member

List? what list? Are you logging this somewhere ? All my stuffs on Garmin..

Well this thread relates to the logging going on here:
    https://www.endomondo.com/challenges/13712660

D0NK

I’m not on that either, I use strava app on my phone is it possible to upload/transfer from strava to endomondo?

zangolin
    Free Member

July = 1280 miles so far
    YTD = 7503 miles

mudshark
    Free Member

is it possible to upload/transfer from strava to endomondo?

Try this:

https://tapiriik.com/

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Bit behind target, 600 miles in July & 3000 for the year so far – 500 miles behind target then.

ton

is anyone still doing this?
    manage to put 4.26 miles on my total yesterday. still got 500 miles in the bank, so i may still manage the target for the year.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yes, me. Though split between the CX and Roadie. 314 on the CX and 326 on the Roadie (a couple of 100+’s in there) That’s for August BTW..

Well done Ton, take it easy though. 😀

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Still logging all my miles, August has been a poor month mile-wise with a holiday and then poor weather all conspiring to make me lazy!

scandalous
    Free Member

Just over 3300 for the year with a month off the bike is not too bad for me!

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Behind target here too…. The planned exceeding over summer hasn’t happened and I’ve actually ridden less than last year !

njee20
    Free Member

Most I’ve done for a few years, 550 this month, should hit 600 if I go on the road tomorrow. 3900 year to date.

ton

just added a impressive 4.7 miles to my total this morning…… 8)

bikebouy
    Free Member

That’s brilliant !!

Don’t want to upstage you but I can add another 98k’s to my total, hacked out in the Downs again on the CX, 81% OFFROAD !!!

I rock me.

And I’m pretty shagged out too 😆

andytherocketeer

grrr. Endomondo’s told me off again, for not submitting any rides for 2 months now. I spose I ought to put my bikes back together and go for a ride this month, else I’ll be doing the 500miles a year challenge instead.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh I’m still logging the miles, although not on endemondo, just through Garmin.

4173.1 ytd and 615.8 last month. I was on holiday for the first week of the month then other things got in the way but I had one big week, biggest of the year, with 302 miles.

I’m about 500 miles up on the same point last year so should manage 6000 for the year. Only January and July have been less then last year, 26 miles and 86 respectively – those bloody holiday do get in the way 🙂

Another 20 to add after the ride home today 🙂

D0NK

biggest month ever for me 663miles, 103 of them road. Not quite sure how I managed it TBH, it’s been mostly commuting and a weekly night ride.

ton

i sneaked a epic 10 miles in this morning……..fanbloodytastic 8)

D0NK

You were looking happier and healthier too. Keep it up ton.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

Hey Ton, yeah I’m still doing this, I was in the top six last time I looked although after the heady early days of excitement I just bulk upload once a week now.

Had some great months over the summer with multiple round trips to Brighton (100 miler from where I live), week in Morzine for MTB and the Pyrenees with the road bike.

I’ve done around 5,000 miles for YTD

This time of year is when it starts to get hard again (ohh err missus) with the rapidly cooling weather, onset of the rain and dark morning and evening for commuting. But I’ve been there before and sure I can keep it up (ohh err again) until the year end.

Thanks for setting this up and keeping it going and well done yerself on getting back on the bike after your op. 8)

ton

quick update.
    struggling like buggery with this now. only managing 10 or so miles a day. did a good ride last week and 2 rides on saturday, but really struggling.
    thought i would have been flying now i am sorted..seem to be going backwards…. ;o(

ton

anyone still on with this?

I have got 30 miles to do between now and the end of the year for 6000 miles,
    was loving it to bits prior to going in hospital, but to be honest, I have bloody hated it since. November and December have been rotten.

roll on the new year, and no more bloody mile logging…… 😀

cookeaa

Failed abysmally, might scrape 3000 miles by December 31st, will probably miss that though thanks to a busy Christmas…

Something to improve on fo next year I suppose…

will
    Free Member

10,330 so far, October was rubbish due to work.

Not actively gone out searching miles, and i’ll end up doing less than last year, but stronger for it.

njee20
    Free Member

A meagre 5,548 YTD. Good middle part of the year, but not a great start, and my autumn enthusiasm lasted even less of winter than usual!

MoreCashThanDash

Managed 500 miles in two months, currently around 4900 for the year so far, but tomorrow is my last commute, this weekend is tied up with daughters birthday parties and next week I’m off work with the kids and organising Christmas, so not a lot of riding going to be done….

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 481 total)

The topic ‘500 Mile a month.’ is closed to new replies.