• This topic has 480 replies, 127 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by ton.
Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 481 total)
  • 500 Mile a month.
  • ton

i am seriously thinking about sacking it off. it is becoming a chore, might be illness, might be the weather, might be cos i am missing proper mountainbiking.

think i might spend a month or 2 doing uplifts and get some easy downhill miles logged…… 😆

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

420 for January and 402 for this month, not going well. Had a never ending cold towards the end January which turned into a horrendous cough, then got another cold. Found I just make myself worse if I keep riding.

Dibbs
    Free Member

485 miles and 65000 ft of climbing last month.
    400 miles and 48000 ft of climbing so far (I still have to ride home from work in the morning) this month.
    I’m happy enough with that as I was only going for the Strava Climbing Challenges.

Sandwich

Was going well until I imbibed something from the top of the water bottle Tuesday evening. I now feel like something has rolled on my stomach, there were also unspeakable gastric problems Wednesday and lots of sleep from that evening until Friday. Might test out my constitution today and the short reliability ride on Sunday.
    There could even be some MTB mileage in March as the bottom bracket from Uberbike arrived this week too.

will
    Free Member

Bloody hell Dibbs. Nice climbing.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

535 miles, for the month, which isn’t bad as i didn’t ride until the 7th

Dibbs
    Free Member

I did another 2500 ft of climbing on the way from work this morning, so my total for the month is now 420.28 miles and 50,957 ft of climbing. I think I’ll take the car to work tonight I could do with a rest. 😳

pete68
    Free Member

Got to 744 miles with 54000 ft of climbing. That’s 1447 for the year and the bikes looking like it needs a bit of tlc.

rp16v
    Free Member

While playing around in the endomondo app I found out u can plot your own ride for the day all the times my GPS failed and didn’t track on my commutes or battery died half way I lost my miles I’m owed about 80odd lol
    At least I no for next time
    No weeks off booked for a while now so hoping for a 500 month
    Is anyone clocking turbo miles as well as actual outings?

pete68
    Free Member

Haven’t used the turbo this year so just real miles.

will
    Free Member

858 for me, with 35,000ft of climbing and 63 hours.

Although more running for me this month than before at around 80 so that’s why i’m down on cycling.

With the weather getting nicer I expect it will be easier to get out 8)

dirtyrider
    Free Member

First MTB ride of the year yesterday, 60 miles took me to 513 miles this month

Dickyboy

first month in 🙂 only 424 miles though 🙁

Mister-P
    Free Member

515 for me this month but I haven’t ridden since the 18th of March.

piemonster

Is it acceptable to join in part way through the year?

Dickyboy

[/quote]Is it acceptable to join in part way through the year?

no one’s told me to do one…. yet

edit – quote thingy seems to have got upset though 😕

piemonster

Trawls thread for context and/or replies

bikebouy
    Free Member

All back up and running fine here. Proper miles covered and back to full strength and beyond 8)

Knocking out IRO 360 a week and not all junk miles either.. Done a good number of long off road routes, point to point then caught the train back, which has lead me down some excellent places I’ve never been to. I really must stop and look around more. Damn if I’m not still using these “tours” as training sessions.. I’m a fool to myself sometimes.
    Can we add in Races? If we can then I’ll add another 76 to that, if not then they were the “junk” miles 😆

I’m off work for a month now, extended leave means I’m planning in the Rapha “Three Days in Yorkshire” again (I’ve done this once before and loved it) Depends on how hard I hack it but no doubt I’ll take minimal pictures 🙄
    The Roadies ready, I’m just sorting out packing for minimal travelling 😕 and posting off clean Bibs to the Hotels I’m stopping over in.

Then we have DrP’s IoW Tour on the 26th so looks like this month will be high on the miles and higher on the smiles.
    😀

ton

only managed about 350 this month. lost my love for it.
    saving grace is that a big lump of this has been on my new mtb.

pete68
    Free Member

603 for me. I had 8 days away without the bike so lost somewhere between 150-200 I suppose. First couple of weeks will be in exmoor so there will certainly be some hill climbing. If the weather plays nice I’m planning a 150 miler on Thursday which will be a good start to April.

will
    Free Member

Bikebouy – You on Strava. Be genuinely interested to see your rides.

Good month for me, feeling fitter than ever and that’s the main thing.

njee20
    Free Member

Pretty crap start to the year for me, work and life generally getting in the way! 476 MTD, but got the headwind on the way home, not sure if I can face another 24 miles!

Mister-P
    Free Member

posting off clean Bibs to the Hotels I’m stopping over in.

That’s a damn good idea. Although I wouldn’t want to be the postman delivering your worn ones back home.

Dickyboy

Had some lovely evening rides this month, but still 25 mile off target unless I get my arse in gear this evening.

pete68
    Free Member

607 for me. Reasonably happy as I didn’t ride for 10 days due to a cold.

piemonster

701.63 miles for me. Enjoyed every second of it, first proper month too after a return from mainly running.

I hope the enthusiasm levels last.

ton

500 miles behind where i was this time last year….pretty shit really.
    no love for it this year.
    going touring in a fortnight for 2 weeks, that will up it a bit i suppose.

njee20
    Free Member

Month started well, but got married last weekend and not touched a bike since the 19th, so only 350 or so for me.

Sandwich

A crap month. A serious prostate perforation session left me off the bike for 10 days. Then recovery followed by a bone scan and a bad reaction to the dye means I’ve possibly done less than 100 miles this month. Will need to pull my finger out next month. Theres a HOLEP op in my future too with a month off the bike to follow.

scaredypants

April ends for me on 444 – I think that’s probably my most ever, devalued in my book by ALL being road miles

piemonster

You’ve got that the wrong way round. And statute training mile is gauged by distance covered on a road bike. Off road you simply convert a roady distance statute mile to gnarr miles, which for conversion purposes are equal to nautical miles.

So off road is worth bonus points

bikebouy
    Free Member

All fine here, riding new places with new faces helping no end 8)

scaredypants

You’ve got that the wrong way round.
    Off road you simply convert a roady distance statute mile to gnarr miles,
    So off road is worth bonus points

That’s my point. My on-road 444 has to be divided by the gnarr constant (which, in the new forest is prettttty damn high, my friend !) and so really equates to only 439 or so

pete68
    Free Member

This thread seems to have died a bit. Anyway May was my best month so far this year at 934 miles. How’s everyone else getting on?

njee20
    Free Member

You just wanted to post that you’d done 934 miles didn’t you?! 😉

Chapeau!

566 in May for me, should be nearer 1000 in June if all goes to plan…

Dickyboy

Totally flunked at 325 miles this month – too many weekends mountain biking with very few miles & too many beers I guess 😕

houndlegs
    Free Member

Forgot about this, just had a quick check,beginning of year was its usual slow start, but I managed 520 for April and just missed out by 13 miles in May. If I’d been keeping an eye on it I could have done 500 then as well.

pete68
    Free Member

@njee possibly!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

just sharing as a proud SO but Munqe Chick (who hadn’t signed up to this) did just over 500 miles in April, and 700 miles in May 😯 8) She is neither commuting nor training for anything specific (I think the routine from training for Ironman Wales has stayed with her and she’s dropped the running….) and it’s a mix of road, MTB and CX.

I’m too embarrassed to check my own totals now!

amedias
    Free Member

I’ve been sticking to my ‘try something new’ mantra instead of chasing miles this year (only 380 in may), so far I’ve:

– Done some drop-bar offroading (CX ish stuff)
    – Raced a particular XC series I’ve not done before but I’ve wanted to do for ages
    – Gone BikePacking
    – Gone Handbiking in a mix of 1920s-1940s invalid carriages and a modern race Handbike
    – Upped the utility biking trips, more trailer hauling and less car using

And planning for some multi-day touring soon as well, having a lot of fun so far!

So mileage down on normal (~1800 for the year so far) for me, but a lot of new experiences instead.

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 481 total)

The topic ‘500 Mile a month.’ is closed to new replies.