Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • 50 shades of black – BPW
  • superfli
    Free Member

Anyone know when this trail will open, or what state its in?
    A few of us going Jan 11th, and a nice new trail would be awesome!

iain1775
    Free Member

“Within the next few weeks” said the BPW Facebook update a couple of minutes ago
    So I imagine may or may not be by 11th

RobHilton
    Free Member

Is this trail name racist?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Is this trail name racist?

No, it’s just that you’re desperate for attention.

HTH

RobHilton
    Free Member

Apparently light-hearted & flippant don’t work well for you. Would you like a cuddle?

andymc06
    Free Member

Just booked for 21st of Feb so hopefully we’ll be able to try it out then.

Rickos
    Free Member

danjthomas
    Free Member

I’m suprised that they haven’t released a teaser video of the trail as per usual bpw fashion.

andymc06
    Free Member

Any update on this? Heading down next week.

therag
    Free Member

Opened today, steeper & muddier than all the others and a great addition to the park.

boxxer7
    Free Member

Anyone else ridden it yet? What’s the verdict

P-Jay
    Free Member

I had to miss BPW at the weekend due to an infection but one of my mates rode it “worst trail I’ve ever ridden” he’s a really talented rider too.

It’s a shame because it looked good on the videos and it’s really good and long.

acid877
    Free Member

I rode it (tried to) on Monday, the top half was about a foot deep of clay like mud with water running through it. It’s meant to be a natural style track but it didn’t really work out as there wasn’t enough drainage and it wasn’t bedded in. The bottom half ran much better though and has a great rock garden descent.

Definitely the most demanding one there skill wise, they recommend a DH bike on the signs.

deviant
    Free Member

Apart from the mud it sounds good.
    Make a nice change from the manicured BMX track stuff…which is I suspect why people don’t like it!…people seem to buy 160mm travel bikes and then want to ride them on smooth trails!

The mud will become less of an issue over the next few months anyway, I’m booked to go back in April and will definitely look to ride that one.

superfli
    Free Member

Having ridden Blade when it was first opened, and then a few months later, I agree with Deviant. New trails take a little time to bed in and firm up. The builders will also have time to see which areas are suffering from cutting up most and armour them. Give it some time and I’m sure it will ride great!
    I also get fed up with the rollers and berms. Good for a few runs, but then I’m itching to ride the more technical and steep stuff.

therag
    Free Member

Cafall at cwmcarn was also a muddy mess for the first month but is now my favourite trail centre trail.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I rode both Cafall and Blade pretty much on the day they opened, really, really wish I hadn’t.

Cafal was all but unrideable in parts, the mud so deep the wheels wouldn’t turn, and when it finally freed up a bit and I got some speed on, a bit of trail fell of the side of the mountain and I exited stage right, straight over the bars and rolled down the side.

Blade was just a drudge, took hours because of the mud.

I seem to remember they delayed opening both of them for a weeks because of huge rainfall during the ‘bedding in’ weeks, but it didn’t help, I suspect you’d either have to leave them for a full summer to bed in or just send some riders up there and let the chips fall where they may.

therag
    Free Member

I also rode blade the day it opened and haven’t been back since. I’ll give it another go soon.

philwarren11
    Free Member

Some sections of blade are still a total mess.

Looking forward to this bedding in tho.

therag
    Free Member

Phill you will love it when dries, built for you.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I appreciate the desire to get new trails open but why open in the Spring ? Surely best to do so in the early summer when things are a bit drier and the bedding in process will be better.

therag
    Free Member

Will from the workshop making it look easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A4FSQalYeM&sns=em

volatilemike
    Free Member

If Will Soffe is using a DH bike there then you can bet that the trail warrants it.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘50 shades of black – BPW’ is closed to new replies.