Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • 50 mile mixed surface/ CX ride from Richmond-upon-Thames 4th December
  • aP
    Free Member

OK, for all you narrower tyre people how about coming out on an approximately 50 mile road/ off-road ride on Sunday 4th December. We’ll go out to Mickelham Down, maybe tea and cake at Denbies (opposite Rykers for Bykers) then back in from Ranmore Common.
    It’ll be a mix of tracks, paths, roads, mud, gravel, singletrack, doubletrack, leaves, some roots – you get the idea.
    The pace will be relaxed, but not much hanging around, and take overall about 5 hours.
    CX bikes will be ideal, gravel bikes too if you’ve got tyres that’ll cope with mud, mtb’s as well. You’ll be pretty committed to riding the distance although there are a number of railway stations nearby in case of mechanicals.
    We’ll meet on the riverfront in Richmond at 9:30am just north of the bridge between the Slug and Lettuce and the Pitcher & Piano. If you’re early there’s more coffee shops than you can shake a stick at. I’d expect to be back ~2-2:30pm discounting mechanicals and other mishaps.
    If interested then post below etc etc.

swdan
    Free Member

Sounds interesting, will have to check the diary. If I come I might want to peel off on the way home instead if having to double back.

aP
    Free Member

That’s fine, we’ll be coming back in through Cobham and heading in towards Hampton Court before coming back along the river.

swdan
    Free Member

Balls, just remembered why that weekend rung a bell. My wife is away and I’m looking after the little one. I doubt my legs would cope with the extra ballast of a 2 year old over 50 miles and besides, the kiddyseat doesn’t fit on the drop bar bike!

senorj

Nice one aP.

bfjaerem
    Free Member

I’m in assuming I can keep up. Don’t worry about dropping me as I normally ride alone and lost!

aP
    Free Member

Yay! We’re inclusive riders… We like the riding, and not so much the burn 🙂
    I’m the biggest mincer on earth, so don’t worry.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I won’t be able to make it as I’m working on the 4th but is there any chance you could stick the route up afterwards as it looks like a pretty good ride out!

NormalMan

I’d be interested in the route too at some point please.

aP
    Free Member

A small nudge. Anyone coming out on Saturday?

bfjaerem
    Free Member

Saturday or Sunday? Will struggle for saturday

aP
    Free Member

ah. yes. Good point.
    Err….
    OK.
    We’ll do this Sunday 4th December everything else applies.

There’s also rugby on Saturday so that would’ve made things slightly more “lively”.

NormalMan

Saturday is the 3rd (GFBD)
    Sunday the 4th.

theotherjonv

Sunday IS the 4th?

jimdubleyou

Pretty sure this Sunday is the 4th…

I’m a definite maybe. Supposed to be on-call but it might get cancelled.

aP
    Free Member

Dammit!! Sorry, I think I keep looking at my November calendar. sorry.
    Yes – riding this coming Sunday. The 4th. Of December.
    At least I don’t have to look at a computer tomorrow as I’ll be in Bath most of the day.

aP
    Free Member

I’ve asked them to change the title back again. ** sighs **

senorj

Hello.
    I’m still up for it. Thanks.

ElVino

Darn – wife also away so looking after kids, also interested in route or future rides.

aP
    Free Member

I’m still on for Sunday. 9:30 on the riverside in Richmond. As its been dry recently it should be good riding conditions.
    I’ll probably be riding a yellow CX bike.
    Will leave at 9:45!
    If any more intending to come along post on here so we know please.

jimdubleyou

Sadly, I’m downgrading from a “maybe” to a “can’t make it” as I have to work in the morning.

Interested in a GPX if anybody generates one though!

senorj

I’ve just got home from work ,currently sat on the sofa shivering! More snot than Neil the hippy!
    I don’t think I’ll be ok to ride on Sunday . Gutted.
    Perfect conditions & I’d worked out a pleasantish route from the north London Alps to Richmond .
    Hate to cry off. Sorry. And thanks for taking the time out to show us.

aP
    Free Member

We’ll still be there, and there’s always another day for those who are broken or working… 🙂

bfjaerem
    Free Member

See you at 0930

aP
    Free Member

See you tomorrow.
    Herself and I will be there, and I have a discount voucher for Denbies!

london_lady
    Free Member

No problems with pace if I am riding 🙂
    Will pack stroop waffles!

senorj

No better here.:-( Canadian club with night nurse tonight !
    Have fun.

london_lady
    Free Member

You wouldn’t like the homemade toffee cake at Denbies anyway 😉
    Another time …….

aP
    Free Member

How about a New Year’s Eve ride?

aquatarkus
    Free Member

Hi I’d like to come along today if that’s ok. will be on MTB (29’er) if that’s ok.
    Regards
    Keith.

aP
    Free Member

bfjaerem & aquatarkus – nice to ride with both of you today, hope you enjoyed the specially booked weather?
    Hope to meet up again.

aquatarkus
    Free Member

Hi
    Thanks for the ride today, thoroughly enjoyed it, only sorry was a bit slow.
    Looking forward to another ride.
    Many thanks

Regards
    Keith.

velosam
    Free Member

I am sorry I missed this. But if you are doing one over the xmas break I would love to come!

aP
    Free Member

Not a problem for us. I hadn’t realised that you were turning off, so apologies for that.

senorj

Toffee cake! On a bike ride !! Bstards. 🙂
    I’m in Cumbria for NYeve , thanks ap.
    Rain check please?

RichBowman

I’ll be interested if you do a ride again. Am in Twickenham, so only a few minutes away from a Richmond start.

Rich

bfjaerem
    Free Member

ap, London lady and aquatarkus thanks for a fabulous day I never knew adventure bike trails existed so close to the big smoke. I made it in time to the Humble Grape. For future reference fine wine and Tuscan tapas – I think it was really very good but I was so hungry a sunbury kebab would have hit the spot! However not sure how well a kebab would be received by clients on our xmas do?

Thanks again for guiding an absolutely brilliant route that I can tell has been honed over time – I know I could not recreate it even with help of Satmap or an OS map.

Hopefully see you all before New Year’s Eve !

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘50 mile mixed surface/ CX ride from Richmond-upon-Thames 4th December’ is closed to new replies.