Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • 50 days until Hit the North
  • Harry_the_Spider

Sod your training. Sign up now so we can buy a big f##k-off public address system.

terrahawk
    Free Member

seriously, if you want this race to go ahead, please sign up.
    Bluntly, we're not made of money (because we have this habit of donating all of our profit to charity) so for our protection there is a cut-off date when we will decide to either go ahead with the event or pull it.

If we're not going to break even on that date, the race gets pulled. Simple as.

Cheers!

miketually
    Free Member

twinklydave

It is a genuinely brilliant event – laid back and a great laugh

and the new course with it's freshly made swoopy, bermy loveliness is worth racing/riding/heckling on 🙂

mossman

Already singed up in the trio cat and done the other 3 events which were great.
    Highly recommended 😀

derek_starship
    Free Member

All those considering this event – go on, just take that last step into a veritable selection box of bike based bobby dazzlement. With your support, HtN 2.0 will be a great success. The course is wonderful and the apres-race extravaganza of booze and tunes promises to be one you'll tell your grand kids about.

Time is now of the essence for the organisers so please give them your support, sign up now and look forward to July 17th 2010.

MrSparkle

Hit the North has been a shining star in the recent upsurge in new races. The variety of events from enduro to 'winter sprinter' has been pretty impressive and the fact that it is purely for charity, well, need I say more? Come on folks, get signed up for it. If for no other reason then come and admire the assets of the serving wenches in the beer tent! ;0)

tthew

As I've not ordered my team t-shirts for the race yet, I'll have the opportunity to use the slogan

bike based bobby dazzlement

on them. Thanks derek_starship!

terrahawk
    Free Member

Bike Based Bobby Dazzlement may find its way onto the 'official' t shirts too. Ace!

BigDummy
    Free Member

I seem to have decided to come. Is it going to rain?

terrahawk
    Free Member

of course!

BigDummy
    Free Member

Excellent. I look forward to it. 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

BigDummy – Member
    I seem to have decided to come. Is it going to rain?

Nice one. Have you got 150 mates?

Harry_the_Spider

The issue is "last minute" entries. Last minute for us is mid June, so if people leave it until July it is too late.

At the smaller races it doesn't matter so much as the overheads are relatively low but at this one we need to spend something approaching £10k… and the missus won't let me sell one of the kids. Not even the one that we don't like.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Have you got 150 mates?

Possibly 3. If they each bring 3, that'll be 13 people altogether. If each of my mates' mates also bring 3 additional people that'll be a total of 40. If each of my mates' mates' mates ALSO brings 3 people we'll be up to 121. Reckon you can find the other 29 yourself? I only ask because if I go to the next lot of mates' mates' mates' mates we'll end up being 364 and you'll be full. 😉

Harry_the_Spider

Reckon you can find the other 29 yourself?

I'll look under the sofa.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I can take the wall down and let those 25 people out of the alcove in the cellar. They're not terribly healthy though so they might not make it to the end. Oh, and I've taken all their money off them.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Are you still telling them the Gestapo are looking for them? 😯

miketually
    Free Member

A pyramid bike race entry scheme?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Entered.

Incidentally chaps, the way that site's laid out does make it a little bit hard to sign up. The big button could maybe do with being a bit more in the middle, at the top and biggerer. Just a thought. 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

On our site or on the SI one?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Your one. I couldn't see how to actually enter except through a button in a 5th news item down. It's actually easier to enter a race that you lot aren't promoting at the moment.

I'm sure it doesn't matter, most of your customers will have at least my level of feral intelligence, tenacity and problem-solving ability. 🙂

RustySpanner

Have you printed any leaflets/flyers for this one?
    Happy to pick some up and distribute if so.

And can we please have the picture of that amusing hairy creature in the ridiculous clothing on the stupid bike on the official T-Shirts?

Or if Jason objects, can we have the cycling chimp instead?

terrahawk
    Free Member

yay!

miketually
    Free Member

BigDummy – Member
    Entered.

See you there Jon.

Harry_the_Spider

Your one. I couldn't see how to actually enter except through a button in a 5th news item down.

There is an "Entry Form" tab in the middle at the top you nugget. I can call you names because I have your money.

Harry_the_Spider

Have you printed any leaflets/flyers for this one?
    Happy to pick some up and distribute if so.

Hundreds of the buggers. I'm dropping a load off at Terrahawk's this afternoon. You can take some on Sunday if you are doing the preview ride.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Ah, I'm not getting that. Sounds like the problem is my internet. It doesn't matter, as you have my money. 🙂

[Waves to Mike]

RustySpanner

Will be there if we can get Sue's bike fixed in time.
    If not, will e-mail you and arrange to pick some up.

miketually
    Free Member

There is an "Entry Form" tab in the middle at the top you nugget.

That's not visible in Internet Explorer, but fine in Google Chrome.

BigDummy
    Free Member

We're just being picky. No-one uses Internet Explorer. 😉

Harry_the_Spider

I can see it through Explorer.

Hmmmmm may have to chat to the web guru.

MrSparkle

HtN web guru earlier today:

Harry_the_Spider

On seeing that I'll do something myself!

—-

Right. Done it. Big red button at the top of the page.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘50 days until Hit the North’ is closed to new replies.