• This topic has 51 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by ton.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • 50+ blokes, multivitamins
  • Inbred456
    Free Member

I was out today with T shirt and baggies and every other person looked like they were wrapped up for Winter. Sun was out for at least 3 hrs! 10 till 1 o’clock.

CraigW
    Free Member

Even if you have visible sunlight, in winter it is too low in the sky, so much of the UV is absorbed in the atmosphere. So you are not able to make any Vitamin D, even if outside in a T-shirt.

scotroutes

This

jambalaya
    Free Member

54 been taking multi vitamins for 10+years, I get substantially less colds and general illness versus when I wasn’t. Professional athletes take vitamins (inc footballers, rugby players to cut down winter illnesses), doctors will prescribe them for various things inc during fertility treatment for example.

I used to take Berocca (3 for 2 in Boots, boxes of 45 so cost about 25p a day) now take a French brand called Bion 3 Defense as they are cheaper and have better mix of vitamins for me.

epicyclo

jambalaya – Member
    …Professional athletes take vitamins…

Yes, but those are very special vitamins… 🙂

flap_jack
    Free Member

Thought is that those on low carb diets need different amounts. Not known what these requirements are, but vit C may be much lower as there’s no exogenous glucose competing.

nickc

I was thinking of seeing my doctor about having a health check every 6 or 12 months

Please don’t. GPs are already chocked full of the worried well.

Kuco

Not quite 50 yet but since changing rolls at work last year and spending more time in an office I started to take the Waitrose LoveLife cod liver/fish oil with vit A & D capsule everyday.

psling
    Free Member

Now I am fast approaching 50 I was thinking of seeing my doctor about having a health check every 6 or 12 months including doing a bloods work, to see if I am deficient in anything and to see off any early health problems. I know I can get it done for free every 3 years, but paying for it more frequently is probably a better investment than most of the stuff I waste my money on.

I went to see my doctor when I reached 40 for a health check; it was being promoted in gov’t. adverts in those days and it was in the days when you had a regular family doctor. He asked me a couple of questions: how are you feeling? any recent problems? and then sent me on my way with a cheery “come back if you’re feeling poorly”. That was twenty years ago now and, other than hospital visits for specific illnesses/injuries, I still haven’t gone back yet for my health check up!
    No supplements for me btw, just an unhealthy unbalanced diet and an active lifestyle.

MSP

I don’t know what tests the NHS actually do, but they promote a 5 yearly health screening. Here in Germany it is every 3 years, although I have yet to make use of the service. I will see my doctor to get it done and see how comprehensive it is, to get a comprehensive health test done privately looks to be around 500, which doesn’t seem too excessive to pay annually to help ensure I stay fit and healthy.

ton

my missus like the effects of the ginseng and macca……… 😆

placebo or not, she dont care……… 😆

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘50+ blokes, multivitamins’ is closed to new replies.