Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • £50-70 on a waterprof jacket for on the bike
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

What would you recommend? I know its not much but hey!

Karinofnine

I bought a couple of jackets from Aldi, they aren’t as pretty as the more expensive jackets but they work. They were £25 each. One is bright yellow with reflective bits (for road) one is black with reflective bits (offroad).

They work, they were cheap. They look ok, in fact someone asked me if it was by Endura.

If you go on Aldi and Lidl’s sites you can subscribe to their email list, then you will know when next they have a cycling special on.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

need it this week tho

sambob
    Free Member

I really rate my Inov-8 mistlite, packs up small but is still completely waterproof. Breathability isn’t too bad either.

carlos
    Free Member

Had my Endura Gridlock for a couple of yrs now without issues – http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=9268

mav12
    Free Member

I have a lusso which i am happy with seems well made and os waterproof up to now

rob-jackson
    Free Member

looking at the endura convert hardshell at ribble – £57

doglover
    Free Member

cruzheckler if you’re a medium I’ve a Pace EVent jacket for sale in the classifieds ?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

aye just been eying that up, can you measure pit to pit, and length of body please. also some pix would be nice

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Looking at the Montane Velocity, the Marmot Mica, the Pace 3×3, and the Endura convert waterproof.

Anyone got any thoughts or opinions?

hambl90
    Free Member

Got a endura gridlock from tredz last week for £46

Trekster

cruzheckler – Member
    Looking at the Montane Velocity,

My choice 😆 Appear to have mislaid my old one 🙄
    The marmot one looks good if it has long sleeves and back like the Montane

matt_outandabout

I have Convert and Montane Atomic 2.0 (Velocity with a hood…).

Convert: feels tough, rubbery and nice. Works well, arms zipping off is ace and I use it all the time. Good length, proper drop tail n snug neck. Ace, blendy in green colour with loads of reflective. Winner for biking.

Atomic: less tough feeling, smaller pack size, more breathable. Ace cut and nice long length but snug fit. Simples on the details. Winner for walking, paddling and all round stuff…and some biking.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

convert sounds bob on, i would like shorts in a similar fabric too!!

jamiec360
    Free Member

Tried a couple of Montane jackets at Snow and Rock last week seem really good quality (pertex ones) but definitely need to get a size up from what you would normally wear.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘£50-70 on a waterprof jacket for on the bike’ is closed to new replies.