Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 180 total)
  • 5 weeks ago I was 14.5st…
  • glupton1976
    Free Member

… just weighed myself tonight. I’m now 12st 4.

All I did was cut down on the food and did more exercise.

Feel a hell of a lot better for it too.

mcboo
    Free Member

Damn impressive. How tall are you?

glupton1976
    Free Member

6’1″

rOcKeTdOg

nice one

6 months ago I was 15st10, now I am 13st2, moving more, eating less, quite pleased I lost it over winter too

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Superb. Well done George.

racefaceec90

well done indeed 😀

mrphil
    Free Member

Mice one lads, still at 15.4st after being 19.2 in Deb 11.

Hard to pass into the 14st imo

So well done

trail_rat
    Free Member

aye you were getting a right fatty – thats why i took my tt bike back fae you – didnt want it breaking under the strain 😉

dont understand why you didnt adopt a middle aged IT approach to loosing weight – which ever fad diets going this month minimising sweat expenditure – surely that would have been less effort ….. albe it with less impressive results 😉

LsD
    Free Member

Damn you and your witch-doctor fad diet!!! 😡

trail_rat
    Free Member

LsD I think ill call it the “M.A.M.I.L.” diet …. and charge 10 pounds for the information pack.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Seems to be all fat that I’ve lost too. Cant be bad.

My diet during that time contained a lot of pasta, chicken pakora and kebabs.

Solo
    Free Member

Solo
    Free Member

Seems to be all fat that I’ve lost too. Cant be bad.

And you know this, how ?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Eh – because my legs are the same size and my big fat belly has disappeared.

trail_rat
    Free Member

[img]http://photovalet.com/data/comps/PCF/PCFV01P10_14B.jpg[/img]

Solo
    Free Member

Eh – because my legs are the same size and my big fat belly has disappeared.
    😆

Oh, and there was the universe, thinking you had scientific proof that you have lost fat only.

*MRI scan*

So your claim:
    Seems to be all fat
    Is just conjecture.

Class !

😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

dont mind if i do – are they caramel ?

george was growing a wok under his jumper – it is now gone. either that wok was muscle or hes lost a shit load of fat through exercise.

glupton1976
    Free Member

So your claim:
    Seems to be all fat
    Is just conjecture.

The presence of the word “seems” would kind of imply that – hence it’s presence.

Solo
    Free Member

george was growing a wok under his jumper – it is now gone. either that wok was muscle or hes lost a shit load of fat through exercise.

😆

BoardinBob

Solo
    Free Member

The presence of the word “seems” would kind of imply that – hence it’s presence.

Soooo. In the end, YOU’RE JUST GUESSING…..

Well, thanks for that.
    😆

glupton1976
    Free Member

You’re welcome.

crikey
    Free Member

It seems like the ‘it’s more complicated than just eating less and doing more’ chaps really don’t like it up ’em.

Nice effort chap, keep it up..

trail_rat
    Free Member

solo – biscuits ….. caramel or not ?

Solo
    Free Member

You’re welcome.

No problem.
    My diet during that time contained a lot of pasta, chicken pakora and kebabs.

Here, have some more chicken. For the win.

Solo
    Free Member

It seems like the ‘it’s more complicated than just eating less and doing more’ chaps really don’t like it up ’em.

Oh, contraire. Posts such as this prove beyond doubt that ignorance is indeed, Bliss.
    😆

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Solo, do you have to practise being such an [inset derogatory term of choice] or does it come naturally to you?
    Bloke has done well, yet you feel the need to criticise. Pillock.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i should point out that more exercise came in the form of 300 and 200k audaxes amongst other things …..

not 20km trailcentre pootles rounded off with a mountain of cake to reward for the effort

he was tubby fit – not just tubby

crikey
    Free Member

…and yet, by using exactly the same method, I am now 5 kilos lighter than I was in January.

Eating less, moving more.

I am enjoying your outrage though; do carry on.

piemonster

not 20km trailcentre pootles rounded off with a mountain of cake to reward for the effort

😆

glupton1976
    Free Member

trail_rat – there’ll be a 400km audax to add to that this weekend too hopefully.

Solo
    Free Member

Peter. Glupton has deliberately posted how moving more and eating less is all it takes.
    *bored on a Sunday night*

But we can’t ascertain whether Glupton has lost fat only
    *freak of nature*

But what I like most about the morons on STW is how they claim to know better than doctors and professors who have developed a career in the field of human nutrition. Based purely on their anecdotal experience.
    People rock up here and tell the inmates thats its as simple as move more, eat less
    They post this in the face of overwhelming scientific evidence that this is specifically not the case.

The best part is, I get to laugh my ass off at this lot, for free.
    😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

“STW is how they claim to know better than doctors and professors who have developed a career in the field of human nutrition.”

does it pay well solo or is it a good job we dont charge for you to get your kicks…..

what ever floats your boat i guess….

Solo
    Free Member

I am enjoying your outrage though; do carry on.

I’m all eyes. Please post, specifically. How your caloric sources and total consumption was processed by your body, including all the processess your body employs to process the food you eat. To yeild the results you have enjoyed. Be as techincal as you want, post links to all the studies, white papers, meta analysis and epidemiological studies you have which prove beyond doubt that all other work and studies are worthless and that numerous sceintific studies prove, time and again, than all it takes is eating less and moving more.

*holds in his hands a book listing 47 pages of white paper studies which prove its not just eating less, moving more*

bearnecessities

OP, well done. We all need to shout something out now and again, and you’ve achieved something, so enjoy your shout & keep it up.

trail_rat
    Free Member

excellent – you think these white paper studies can make my car work 110% efficient?

meanwhile in december last year i lost 14lbs eating mars bars , bread , cheese , drinking lots of water , coke and OJ coupled with taking multi vits + iron.

dont think that diet will take off though.

Solo
    Free Member

what ever floats your boat i guess….

So you haven’t read much on the subject then ?…….
    You’re just going by what works for you.

Well, thats ok. Likewise for the OP. But to claim you know it all, to claim all it takes is to move more and eat less, cos you’re slim and because you think its because you move on more cals than you eat. Is a bit anecdotal, only.

glupton1976
    Free Member

I’m not saying that all other studies are worthless. What I’m saying is that 5 weeks ago I was 14.5st and today I’m 12st 4lbs and that the method I used to achieve this was to eat less and move more. It really is simple stuff.

How heavy are you Solo?

And Solo – what are your qualifications that allow you to fully understand all of those reams of research?

trail_rat
    Free Member

solo – you presume i was always a slim racing whippet – you are wrong.

i once tipped the scales at 15 stone.

then i discovered exercise and eating less.

and it worked then – and its working now – im working down from 13st 6 back to racing weight

pingu66
    Free Member

Well done OP.

Solo I think you make find the following true.

Eat more + move less = weight gain

Eat less + move more = weight loss ( or stability)

It very much depends where you are at with your weight.

The guys done well but you have to come in being a fool. Probably gained muscle rather than lost due to exercise and maintaining leg size which may have ad a little fat. But hey wouldn’t be fun for you to congratulate someone on an achievement.

But what I like most about the morons on STW is how they claim to know better than doctors and professors who have developed a career in the field of human nutrition. Based purely on their anecdotal experience.

Count yourself one of those morons? The guy just dropped 2 stone and however he did it great work.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 180 total)

The topic ‘5 weeks ago I was 14.5st…’ is closed to new replies.