Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 5 spot and 130mm forks…..?
  • granny_ring

I’ve read on here that a lot of people use pikes etc on the 5 spot.

I would like to get a frame at some point and try a lighter build using 130mm revelations.

Anyone else use them or something similar with success or would it steepen the ht angle too much to use a 70mm stem as well?

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Hadge
    Free Member

I ran my 5 Spot with 130mm Marzocchi’s but they were quite a tall fork. I found running 140mm the bike felt well balanced so why not run some Fox Floats at 140mm? They are quite light and are a very good fork.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Why not get some 140 Rev’s? Or lose a few pounds of fat?

phiiiiil

I have 130mm Revelations on my 2005 5-spot; they seem fine to me, although I’ve never tried anything longer on it.

midlifecrashes

Earlier Spot’s designed around 130mm fork(Vanillas, usually), balances it up nicely. Later spots or swapped rockers give a bit more travel, and out come the Pikes. I have a large(19″?) Spot with 130mm Vanillas and a 75mm stem, mid rise Easton bars and it suits me.

firestarter
    Free Member

Ive an 06 spot with 5.3 inch at the back and i run it with 140Mm talas and im still undecided if i prefer them at 120 or 140 (ive just come from an anthem tho so dont mind steeper angles) so id think 130 would be sound. Tho i love the talas so i can drop the forks for climbs its great 🙂

auricgoldfinger

Just built my new DW Spot up with 36 TALAS’s. Feels fine enough in 130mm, but very sweet running at 160mm downhill. A lot of folk seem to running the new DW with 160 mm fork. It isn’t the lightest frame to be honest, and if you’re looking for something to build up lighter with a 130 mm fork or so, you could look elsewhere.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Flux

Hadge
    Free Member

Didn’t care how much it weighed – it was such a great ride. Plush as hell and a very good bike 😀

granny_ring

Cheers for the feedback.

It sounds like an adjustable travel fork would be best then.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘5 spot and 130mm forks…..?’ is closed to new replies.