Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • 5 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Just bought a blackberry playbook, not yet put the android market on it but thought I’d stick angry birds on it for the kids, imagine my shock/amazement/disgust to fine that blackberry were charging 5 **** pounds for it!! For a game which is 69p on the App Store and free on the android market.

No wonder blackberry is in trouble.

monkeychild
    Free Member

You know you can get such things installed for free quite easy on the playbook 😉

stuey
    Free Member

loddrik – I think the extra charge maybe because it’s ‘adfree’
    I’m also not sure if you can ‘put’ android market on the 0S2 playbooks.
    – monkeychild may have some ‘sideload’ links to help (?)

PrinceJohn

loddrik – I think the extra charge maybe because it’s ‘adfree’

Pretty sure the 69p ios version is also adfree

nwgiles

The 69p IOS one is adfree
    But its an apple game

No offense but the play books are bad.

monkeychild
    Free Member
    loddrik
    Free Member

No offense but the play books are bad

At £129 for a 64gb version, not that bad…

loddrik
    Free Member

I assume the ‘blackberry bans sideloading’ is irrelevant if the device is rooted..?

stuey
    Free Member

The BB sideload ban never happened – they U turned.

nwgiles

loddrik
    At £129 for a 64gb version, not that bad…

I am not an apple fan boy but the playbooks are cheap now because no one bought them new, as the demo versions were nasty

retro83
    Free Member

nwgiles – Member
    But its an apple game

What do you mean?

loddrik
    Free Member

So even though blackberry uturned it’s still easy to get the android market on there?

monkeychild
    Free Member

I like iPads and idevices (Own an iphone) but my playbook’s screen pees over the iPad 2 as does its sound plus I paid £80 for it :D. Also wireless syncing via samba rather than pratting about with itunes is a winner too 😀 (I use linux, so idevices are a pain)

CountZero

But its an apple game

I’m pretty sure it’s not. Apple don’t ‘do’ games, they just have the app store and game store and leave it up to the devs to produce the games. Angry Birds was one of the first iOS games that really hit big time with iOS users, AFAIAA.

PrinceJohn

But its an apple game

If it was I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t get it on Android…

If you’re a publisher who develops for your own system you never produce your hottest properties for a rival manufacturer.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Aye, Rovio made Angry Birds – they nearly went bankrupt, but fortunately for them Angry Birds (something like their 58th iOS game) made it big. It’s now had over 1 billion downloads across the different variations (Angry Birds Rio, etc) and formats.

They released it on Android as a free version with ads, as piracy is so rife that a lot of developers choose to release paid versions on iOS and free-to-play (free to download and play, but with adverts/more dependent on in-app purchases) versions on Android.

As it currently stands with Smartphones, iOS takes up 23% of the marketshare, Android takes 59%, and the remaining 18% is split between Blackberry, Symbian and Windows. Those versions are likely to be more expensive due to the cost of porting them to a different format, but with a smaller market.

shifter
    Free Member

The price/availability/existence on this planet of Angry Birds has little bearing on whether or not I like my Playbook!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘5 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?’ is closed to new replies.