Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • 5 Bikes stolen… Gutted
  • stingmered

Not sure if this is the right place on here, no obvious place for ‘stolen’ (though I’m probably being extremely stupid…)

As above. Link below for details, description and pictures. Gutted about all, but especially the Commencal. On the plus side, one has since been recovered and the four outstanding ones are detailed in the PDF below. Any leads on the rest please give me a shout.

http://files.meetup.com/633291/Sean%20Butlers%20Stolen%20bikes.pdf

jockhaggis
    Free Member

That really sucks, hope you get them back and hope you’re insured.

At least the Commy will be obvious if it pops up on eBay. That’s one lovely looking bike.

Riksbar

Keep checking Gumtree as well, just had my bike stolen at the beginning of the month appear on there, check every day, they are listing stuff after a few weeks now rather than straight away.

Good luck, gutted for you.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Wow that was a nice line up? Somebody has obviously been watching!!! Scum bags!

hora
    Free Member

I’m near Chorlton and I sometimes see undesirable types riding round on nice bikes. I’ll keep a lookout. I’d be patient though, it could be weeks before said bike(s) appear on Ebay. Set an email alert up on Ebay.

If you need help ‘viewing’ the bikes. Let me know.

This may or may not help but have a walk down/around the Chorlton water park and look into the river incase any part of etc has been dumped already (if breaking they may dump the frame/serial number and sell the parts).

stingmered

Got every search under the sun lined up on eBay. On gumtree hourly, every bikeshop in the locality has a wanted poster. Also been mailed out to all the local clubs in the area. One bike was recovered yesterday by the plod, another was grabbed off the scumbag by a neighbour and my other pride and joy (Alpine 160) was elsewhere at the time thank god.

The Commencal is so distinctive, I just do not know how it can be sold on.

stingmered

@Hora

Cheers for the kind offer. The Commencal and two others were spotted near the water park on Mon night with two scumbags – looks like they were retrieving after dumping them somewhere during the day. I’ve had a good scoot around there, can’t see anything. Also spent the last two nights scouting out the dodgy areas to see if there were any kids showing off their new toys: no joy!

hora
    Free Member

I’ll have a spin round there tonight after work- did you look round the pump station area/in those woods as well and near the old pump track?

binners

Might be worth a spin round Hulme as well. I’ve seen some likely looking looking types on expensive kit. One at Hulme Asda. I posted a description up on here and it was indeed someones stolen bike. Got the police involved. Asda’s CCTV footage wasn’t good enough quality to ID the scrote 🙁

wrightyson
    Free Member

So top it all off you usually have a 160 in the garage as well? I think it’s time to seriously up your security levels!!

stingmered

the 160 no longer lives in the garage! there’s also a road bike and a fixed gear too, now located elswhere. Getting some serious security fitted next week but I’m not naive, if they want in and they have the time it’ll be done.

Had a look around the pump station, some dodgy types graffiting but no joy.

@hora – where is the old pump track? I’ve heard about it and been out searching but never come across it yet?

portlyone

I’m in Chorlton too. Was having a slow walk back from around the electricity station last night after chain snappage but didn’t see anything.

I’ll keep an eye out.

racefaceec90

good luck!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Hope you get them back.

Thieving scum!

hora
    Free Member

Stabd next to the pub, walk over the bridge and as you step off the bridge its a slightly hidden entrance 5yds ( on your right)

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Post up your link for the Woollyback riders of St Helens to keep an eye out over this side of the rainy city for you.

Good luck

stingmered

Cheers for everything people, really appreciated.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘5 Bikes stolen… Gutted’ is closed to new replies.