Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • 4×4 damage on Houdkirk Moor
  • BoardinBob

I have to say, I’ve never encountered any 4x4s charging about the countryside up here in Scotland.

We can also cycle pretty much wherever we want.

GIRFUY 😆

joemarshall
    Free Member

Mrnutt is right with some points we will be on the banned list next if we do not have a voice against “the ramblers”. We are no different to the 4×4 people, we ride illegal routes and do loads of damage that is difficult to justify to a red socky person….

People always come out with this one, that mountain bikes will be next.

The difference between 4×4/motorbikes and ramblers / mountain bikers, is that a single 4×4 can do a massive amount of damage to a track just by hanging around and spinning the wheels with their powerful engines in the way they tend to. Bikes or ramblers it takes hundreds or thousands of them to do the same kind of damage.

Also, in the Peak, several times I’ve had those bloody motorbikers / quad bikers hammer past spraying mud up, not even bothering to slow down. Even inconsiderately ridden mountain bikes don’t send up anywhere the same amount of muck, or scare people anywhere near as much.

I have seen a small number of considerately ridden motorbikes in the Peak District, but the vast majority that you see won’t slow down for anything, whereas I’d say 90% of mountain bikers you see there don’t do anything stupid, and pass people sensibly. It may not be that the passtime is inherently anti-social, but it is really obvious that the majority of people who do it, ride in an anti-social manner and should have their bikes impounded or whatever.

Joe

Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘4×4 damage on Houdkirk Moor’ is closed to new replies.