Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • 4th interview for a job?
  • bikemonkey
    Free Member

I went fo an interview about a month ago – too junior in experience but they like me and want me to go in again for something else

Second interview goes well, told they really like me and want me to come for a second interview with someone who's got a bit of a reputation for being tough

Third interview – dones't go amazingly well, but not badly. I'd ben lead to believe that this is probably tthe best you can hope for given the interviewer.

They now want me to go back for a 4th interview (admittedly, only the 3rd in this line of interviewing) tomorrow (I work full time) and do a presentation on good and bad advertising.

All this for a circa £22k job.

Am I nearly there or are they wasting my time?

Albanach
    Free Member

Why would they waste their time interviewing someone they don't want for the 4th time?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And their own – surely they wouldn't waste their own time (unless they want you to do the research for the presentation because they want it for their own future use)?

bikemonkey
    Free Member

Because their HR department are incompetent and can't make a decision based on meeting someone 3 times?

Albanach
    Free Member

Quite often interviews can be a a lengthy process – I'd say stick at it.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

(unless they want you to do the research for the presentation because they want it for their own future use)?

I'm flattered that you think I'll be able to do something that good tonight!

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Send them a bill for wasting your time, sheer incompetence on their part.
    Give them an ultimatum to give you a job or f*** off bothering you.

gusamc
    Free Member

In computing you sometime get 'consultancy by interview'.

ie you get an interview and they ask some specific – how would you solve this problem questions.

To be honest you're in a no win situation, there MIGHT be a job so go and do your best……….

best of luck.

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

Sounds good to me. They may be trying to see where you would fit into their organisation as they recognise the potential you have and don't want to 'let you slip through the net'.

Although over the past year or so recruitment practices have become increadably shoddy. HR departments seem to be becoming a law unto themselves.

oddjob
    Free Member

Stick with it.

davey_clayton
    Free Member

Which company is it, or at least, is it a big company? For a small company it could be very costly to recruit the wrong person, then again you'd be more likely to be interviewed by a senior decision-maker to begin with. I'm guessing since they have a HR dept and so many people interviewing you they're a big company.

I don't think they are trying to steal your ideas – considering how much time they must have put into organising this, it would doubtless be cheaper for them to get their staff to do it.

jedi

good luck with it. go with your gut feeling

bikemonkey
    Free Member

I'mnot in a mad ruch to change jobs – I'm secure where I am but a little disillusioned and not progressing as quickly as I'd like.

Gut feeling – call in sick at work tomorrow. Prepare the most kick-ass presentation you've ever seen.

They'll then either:

offer the job – great
    not offer the job – oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained
    ask me for another interview – politely decline.

Fingers crossed chaps!

thehustler
    Free Member

………flip side now they have seen more of you maybe rethinking if you could do the better job, you never know…….

JulianA
    Free Member

Could go either way (at the risk of stating the obvious!).

I went for three interviews for a job – spending 7+ hours and £20+ of my time and money in the process (might sound trivial, but I could find better uses for £20+ given that I haven't really worked this year) – and still didn't get it, although I was about to tell them that they had been unsuccessful in recruiting me and that I wished them luck in their future selection process!

Also had an interview nearly a month ago and was told on the day that they wanted to see me again – still waiting for the second interview!

There are so many time-wasting to55ers around these days that it doesn't surprise me that companies claim to be struggling!

bikemonkey
    Free Member

You may or may not be interested to hear they've offered me the job.

Must've been a kick-ass presentation!

geetee1972
    Free Member

It's not uncommon in this climate. Companies are being very careful and picky about hiring decisions. One job Ive been going for is three months in and has included five rounds of interview plus psychometrics.

jedi

fantastic news!!!!

high5

Jerome
    Free Member

Good work buddy.
    J.

trail_rat
    Free Member

well done bike monkey ! i know what you have gone through – bar odd jobs i hadnt got my feet on the ground since uni and strugled for ages – its all come good and its great to hear its coming good for others !

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

Yeah, well done! 😀

br
    Free Member

Usually took me a maximum of 1/2 of a single interview to decide whether the person I was interviewing should get the job – or just leave.

Once pasted this, it was then either me selling them the role or wasting time until I thought they'd had long enough… Mind you with some of the techie's we just started with a tech-test, half of them left before finishing it, on their own accord.

rich_tee
    Free Member

great news – now the scales tip in your favour and you may be able to see what flexibility there is in the package on offer, especially as they have taken so long making up their minds.

good luck

speaker2animals

Would you take the job if they offered it to you? Is the money better than you are on by enough to justify any change (would you have to travel more/less).

I really think you need to ask yourself the question, do you want it? Are you wasting your own time for the sake of it? Are you looking for a new job in the hope that your current supplier doesn't want to loose you and you hope that they will give you the advancement you're looking for?

Be honest with yourself, that's my advise.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

Cheers guys

It's a 15% pay rise and a little closer to home (although heavier traffic). I'll be snapping their arms off!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘4th interview for a job?’ is closed to new replies.